Court & Detention Services
Effective Monday, February 4, 2013, the Dallas Municipal Court system will begin using a pretrial system. The process is as follows:
- Pro se (not represented by an attorney) defendants will first be asked if they wish to set the case for a trial or discuss the case with the prosecutor for a possible resolution.
- If the pro se defendant is adamant that he/she wants a trial, the clerk shall set the case for pretrial; otherwise the clerk shall refer the pro se defendant to Proof or Plea Court.
- If the case is not resolved at Proof or Plea, the case will be set for pretrial.
- At pretrial, the pro se defendant will be informed, via a video presentation, of his/her options to resolve a case.
- If the case is not resolved at the pretrial hearing, a trial (jury or before the court) date will be set and placed on a docket.
- For cases involving an attorney, this process includes an additional pretrial step that ensures the defendant is present when entering his/her plea.
In addition to this procedural change, Monday will also mark the completion of Phase II of the 2014 Main Street building renovations. Highlights include:
- New cashier windows re-designed for a more user friendly environment and relocated to the opposite side of the 1st floor;
- Both the Prosecutor’s Office and the Court’s Records divisions will be relocated to different areas of the 2nd floor;
- Jury Assembly room will be located to Court 2 of 106 S. Harwood;
- Proof or Plea court will be relocated to Court 5 of 106 S. Harwood; and,
- Juvenile court will remain in Court 1 of 106 S. Harwood.
Payments by mail are accepted with postmark dates honored. Online payments may be made at www.dallascityhall.com.
Full citation payments, attorney and cash bonds for arrested defendants will be accepted at the City Detention Center at 1600 Chestnut. Open 24/7, including weekends and holidays.
Pay Courts Citation
Gloria López Carter
Mary Lynn Morris
2014 Main Street
Dallas, TX 75201
Public Entrance - 106 S. Harwood
Wheelchair Accessible Entrance - 2014 Main Street
Phone: (214) 670-0109
Toll Free Number: 1-800-214-0367
Contact Court and Detention Services
Local Rules for the City of Dallas Municipal Court
Customer Service Window Operating Hours
for Court & Detention Services Municipal Building:
Monday through Friday, 7:30 AM – 4:30 PM
- Court & Detention Services
2014 Main Street, 1st floor
Dallas, Texas 75201