A Garage Sale Permit is required Before conducting a garage sale. A garage sale permit can be purchased at any Dallas Public Library location.
Special Interest Group sales require additional approval. Registration can be completed at 3112 Canton St. Dallas, TX, Monday thru Friday 8am – 5pm.
For more information call 214-671-9391 or email us.
|Terms and Conditions|| |
- The permit fee is $0 for the 1st garage sale permit and $25 for the 2nd garage sale permit.
- There is a limit of two (2) garage sales at a premise during any twelve (12) month period and each sale may not exceed more than three (3) consecutive calendar days in length.
- One sign is allowed upon the lot where the sale is taking place. Up to five signs are allowed at remote locations advertising the sale.
- Signs must be placed on private property (with permission of the property owner).
- Signs placed on medians, public property or utility poles are illegal.
- Signs must be removed within 24 hours following the sale.
- Garage sales at an apartment complex are prohibited.
Please note that a purchase of a Garage Sale Permit still requires adherence to these regulations and failure to do so could result in
|Additional Information||For additional information on garage sales, please see Rules & Regulations, Frequently Asked Questions or contact Code Compliance at (214) 671-9391.|