City of Dallas Approved Dog Friendly Food Establishments
- 8020 Restaurant - 2008 Greenville
- Amsterdam Falafel Shop - 2651 Commerce #120
- Back Home Barbecue - 5014 Ross
- Barcadia - 1917 N. Henderson
- Bowlounge - 167 Turtle Creek #103
- Brain Dead Brewing - 2625 Main
- Bread Winners Cafe & Bakery - 5560 W. Lovers #260
- Bread Winners Cafe & Bakery - 3301 McKinney
- Buzzbrews - 2801 Commerce
- Buzzbrews - 2300 Victory Park
- Buzzbrews - 4154 N. Central
- Buzzbrews - 4334 Lemmon
- Buzzbrews - 5815 Live Oak #102
- Cafe Brazil - 3851 Cedar Springs
- Campuzano's - 2618 Oak Lawn
- Capitol Pub - 2401 Henderson
- Cedar Springs Tap House - 4123 Cedar Springs #101
- Celebrations - 4503 W. Lovers
- Cibo Divino - 1868 Sylvan #D100
- Coffee House Cafe - 6150 Frankford
- Company Cafe - 2104 Greenville
- Crushcraft - 2800 Routh #150
- Dallas Grilled Cheese Co. - 310 W. 7th
- Diggs Taco Shop - 7325 Gason #110
- Dot's Hop House & Cocktail Courtyard - 2645 Commerce
- Easy Slider - 2701 Main #110
- Eatzi's - 3403 Oak Lawn
- Eatzi's Market - 6025 Royal #208
- Edith Patisserie - 5331 E. Mockingbird #160
- Feed Company - 5631 Alta
- Fox and Hound - 18918 Midway #200
- Ginger Man – 2718 Boll
- Gloria's - 600 N. Bishop
- Gloria's - 3715 Greenville
- Gloria's - 3223 Lemmon
- Greenville Ave Pizza Co - 1923 Greenville
- Grub Burger Bar & Grill - 4925 Greenville
- Halcyion - 2900 Greenville
- Haymaker - 1520 Greenville
- Henderson Tap House - 2323 N. Henderson #102
- Henry's Majestic - 4900 McKinney
- HR&C Design District Restaurant - 1617 Hiline #390
- Houlihan's Restaurant - 5225 Beltline #220
- Houndstooth Coffe - 9730 N. Central Expw
- Houndstooth Coffee - 1802 McMillan
- Houndstooth Coffee - 1878 Sylvan #E
- Howard Wang's Uptown - 3223 Lemmon #103
- I Love Juice Bar - 8018 Park Lane #120
- Idlerye - 2826 Elm
- IL Cane Rosso - 2612 Commerce
- Italian Express - 400 Cedar Springs #A
- Kabuki Restaurants - 13270 Dallas Parkway #1165
- Katy Trail Ice House - 3127 Routh
- Kay's Restaurant & Bar - 8010 N. Stemmons
- Knife at the Highlands - 5300 Greenville
- Lake House - 7510 E. Northwest Hwy.
- Little Woodrow's - 3300 Ross
- LG Taps - 3619 Greenville
- Luck Restaurant - 3011 Gulden #112
- Mattito's Tex Mex - 7778 Forest
- Mi Cocina - 6332 La Vista
- Mi Cocina - 3699 McKinney
- Mutt's Canine Cantina - 2889 City Place West
- Oddfellows - 316 W. 7th
- Pecan Lodge - 2702 Main
- Pie Tap Pizza - 2807 N. Henderson
- Pie Tap Pizza Workshop & Bar - 1212 Oak Lawn #131
- Pinch The Tails - 18101 Preston #204C
- Pooch Patio - 3811 Fairmount
- Ragin Crab - 2100 Greenville
- Rapscallion - 2023 Greenville
- Relish - 2000 Woodall Rodgers Frwy
- Rise N 1 - 5360 W. Lovers #220
- Rusty Taco - 4802 Greenville
- Savor - 2000 Woodall Rodgers Frwy
- Seven Five Patio Bar - 5600 SMU #120
- Society Bakery - 3610 Greenville
- Stackhouse Burger - 2917 Gaston
- Stellar - 2810 Henderson
- Sundown At Granada - 3520 Greenville
- Sushi Bayashi - 3011 Gulden #106
- Sushi Zushi - 3636 McKinney #150
- Taco Deli - 1878 Sylvan #100
- The Alcove - 2907 State
- The Common Table - 2917 Fairmont
- The Dubliner - 2818 Greenville
- The Grill On The Alley - 13270 Dallas Pkwy #1155
- The Libertine - 2101 Greenville
- The Loon Bar & Grill - 3403 McKinney
- The Lot - 7530 East Grand
- THG LG - 1811 Greenville #145
- Times Ten Cellar - 6324 Prospect
- Toasted Coffee & Kitchen - 5420 Ross
- Truck Yard - 5624 Sears
- Uptown Tavern - 3605 McKinney
- Urban Vines Wine Bistro - 9219 Garland Road #1102
- V-Eats - 3011 Gulden #102
- Veritas - 2323 N Henderson #103
- Villa O - 4514 Travis #132
- White Rock Alehouse & Brewery - 7331 Gaston #100
- Woodlands - 6073 Forest
- Zephyr Bakery & Cafe - 4001 Cedar Springs
- Ziziki's - 4514 Travis #122
The Dallas City Council has amended the City Food Code (Chapter 17) to allow dogs on food establishment patios if specific requirements are met. This ordinance provides a variance process and establishes criteria to allow dogs on patios under certain conditions. Information regarding the dog variance can be found in the frequently asked questions below.
Frequently Asked Questions about Dogs on Patios
Will all restaurants with outdoor patios allow dogs now?
No, restaurants must choose to apply for a variance to allow dogs on their outdoor patios. Equally important, these establishments must meet certain conditions that protect public health.
How will I know whether a restaurant is permitted to allow dogs on its outdoor patio?
Locations that allow dogs on the patio will have a sign posted in English and Spanish at the front entrance to the establishment and on the patio that states the follow:
"DOG FRIENDLY PATIO - DOG ACCESS ONLY THROUGH OUTDOOR PATIO. FOR COMPLAINTS RELATED TO THE DOG FRIENDLY PATIO, CALL 311".
"PATIO APTO PARA PERROS - ACCESO DE PERROS SOLAMENTE POR EL PATIO EXTERIOR, PARA REALIZAR DENUNCIAS RELACIONADAS CON EL PATIO APTO PARA PERROS, LLAME AT 311".
What are the steps for a restaurant to obtain a variance to allow dogs on their outdoor patio?
- Submit dog variance application along with the checklist to the Consumer Health Division located at 7901 Goforth Road, Dallas, TX 75238, Monday-Friday, between 8 am and noon or 1 pm and 4:30 pm;
- Provide a copy of the food establishments Texas Sales & Use Permit;
- Make payment of $264 for a two-year variance (cash, check or money order). Please note that food establishments must have an account balance that is current;
- Inspection of the establishment is scheduled and conducted. Based on the inspection a dog patio variance will either be issued or denied.
Will dogs enter through the restaurant interior?
No, restaurants approved for this variance must feature a separate, outside entrance to enter the patio, so that dogs will not enter the interior of the food establishment. Further, doors equipped with self-closing devices must be provided at all entrances to the outdoor patio from the interior of the food establishment.
Can food preparation be done in outside patios?
No food preparation, including mixing drinks or serving ice, may be performed in the outdoor patio area.
How will cleanliness be maintained on outside patios?
The outdoor patio must be continuously maintained free of visible dog hair, dog dander, and other dog-related waste or debris. The outdoor patio must be hosed down or mopped at each shift change or every six hours. Waste created from a dog's bodily functions must be cleaned up with animal friendly chemicals within five minutes of occurrence.
Can staff handle the dogs while at the outside patio?
Restaurant staff may not pet or touch the dogs while on-duty. A dog may not be given any food (including, but not limited to, dog kibbles, biscuits, and edible treats) while in the outdoor patio area, but may be given water in a disposable container.
What other requirements exist for allowing dogs on patios?
- Dogs are not allowed to be on chairs, tables, countertops, or similar surfaces in the outdoor patio.
- Dogs must be kept on a leash and remain in the control of the owner.
- Dogs must wear current rabies vaccination tags on their collar.
How do I register a health concern or complaint about a particular food establishment?
Dallas residents may call 3-1-1 or submit a complaint online at dallascityhall.com.
Who do I contact for further information about this variance?
Contact the Consumer Health Division at (214) 670-8083.
Dog Variance Checklist
Dog Variance Application