Consumer Health

​Code Compliance Services

​Consumer Health Division  |  Frequently Asked Questions

How can I view the latest food inspection scores?
For more information, view the latest food inspection scores here.

I got sick from eating at a restaurant. Who should I call to report the restaurant?
Contact the Consumer Health Division at (214) 670-8083 to report an allegation of a 
food-borne illness.

How do I obtain a permit to open a restaurant?
To apply for a permit to open a restaurant or other food-related permits, visit the Consumer Health Division at 7901 Goforth Road, Dallas, TX 75238. Hours of operation are Monday through Friday from 8:00 am until 4:30 pm. You must bring a valid photo identification, sales tax p​ermit, and the required application fee when applying. Call (214) 670-8083 for information. Permit applications may also be made at the Oak Cliff Municipal Center, 320 East Jefferson. Call (214) 948-4480 for information.

Where can I go to take the Registered Food Service Manager class?
These classes are offered at various locations throughout the state. A list of locations may be obtained 
at the Consumer Health Division at7901 Gofor​th Road, Dallas, TX 75238, or by calling 
(214) 670-8083.

How can I get a permit to sell items by the side of the road or on a parking lot?
Vending on public property is prohibited except in the downtown Central Business District. Questions regarding vending should be directed to the Consumer Health Division at (214) 670-8083.