Breastfeeding Mission Statement
The City of Dallas WIC Program promotes and supports exclusive breastfeeding for the first six months of life and continued breastfeeding for the first year.
Lactation Care Center of Dallas
2600 North Stemmons Freeway
Dallas, TX 75207
1-855-550-MOMS (6667) toll free
Community Baby Cafè: Open Monday - Wednesday - Friday 8:30 AM-5:00 PM
8202 Spring Valley Road
Dallas, TX 75251
The Community Baby Cafè is a happy, comfortable community resource for Breastfeeding Moms and their infants. Stop by and choose from the wonderful menu of informative and fun activities available to support breastfeeding for the first year and beyond.
If you have a question or concern regarding breastfeeding your infant, you can call our Breastfeeding Hotline and get help from one of our highly trained Breastfeeding Peer Counselors or Lactation Consultants.
Our Breastfeeding Peer Counselors are all former or current WIC participants who are currently breastfeeding or have breastfed their own children in the past. They are highly trained and motivated to help each Mom reach her breastfeeding goals. Their services are available at each of our 19 clinics and they additionally provide support and education at several local hospitals and prenatal clinics.
Our Peer Dads have each supported their breastfeeding partner in her effort to provide the best nutrition on earth to their infant. Studies have shown that without the support of her partner, a women is much less likely to be successful in breastfeeding her infant. The peer dads provide outreach and support to the fathers of the WIC infants in order to make them fully aware of the benefits of breastfeeding and the risks of formula feeding and to encourage them in their role as fathers.
Breast Pump Program
We have available the latest in breast pumps and lactation supplies to help each mom reach her breastfeeding goals. We match equipment to each Mom and Baby’s special needs.
Breastfeeding Support Groups
Breastfeeding mothers have the benefit of the Support Groups which were created to support them through the first year and beyond. The Breastfeeding Peer Counselors facilitate regular meetings of WIC moms to work through breastfeeding issues and to support each mother’s feeding goals.
Top 5 Reasons to Breastfeed
- Breastfeeding is more than just food. Physical contact helps babies bond to their mothers and to feel more secure.
- Breastfed babies are healthier with fewer ear infections, less constipation & diarrhea, fewer allergies and asthma.
- Breastfeeding saves money as formula is very expensive and formula fed babies have higher health care costs.
- Breastfeeding helps the environment as it is natural and does not create the by-products that formula does.
- Breastfeeding is good for Moms, too! Breastfeeding moms lose their weight more quickly and have reduced rates of breast and ovarian cancers throughout their lives. Breastfeeding also eliminates the time spent on preparing and cleaning bottles.