The Community Center Social Services Program (CCSSP) assists clients by providing:
- Utility Bills Assistance (Water, Gas & Electric)
- Rental Assistance
- HOPWA (Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS)
- Emergency Shelter Grants
- Showers of Blessings Food Pantry & Snack Packs (Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:30am to 11am)
- Information and Referral
To schedule an appointment, call the appointment line at 214-670-8416. The appointment line is open every Monday and Wednesday from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. Please have your account information available when calling. For questions, contact 214-670-8442.
Financial services are based on availability of funds. You must schedule an appointment with a caseworker to be seen. No walk-ins are allowed.
Documents to bring at time of appointment:
- Texas Drivers’ License or Identification Car for everyone in the household 18yrs & older
- Social Security Card or printout, or Medicare Card for everyone in the household
- Lease agreement, Mortgage or Tax Statement
- Termination Notice for Utility Bill Assistance
- Eviction Notice for Rental Assistance
- Late Notice for Mortgage Assistance
- Receipts of expenses for the past 30 day
- Income for past 30 days (Check stubs, letter from employer, Social Security award letter, VA, TANF, Unemployment benefits, etc.) for anyone employed in the household.
Depending on each client’s situation, additional information may be required.
Community Center Social Services Program Staff