Welcome to the homepage for the Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Center!
The Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Center, located in the historic Fair Park District at 2922 MLK Boulevard, is part of the division of the City of Dallas Office of Community Care. The center was originally established in 1969 as the Crossroads Community Center and was renamed in 1975.
The Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Center is comprised of five separate buildings offering a variety of services. Each facility functions independently; however, collectively they provide a comprehensive service delivery system. This unique method allows the citizens of Dallas to come to one location to meet their needs, ranging from health and medical, childcare and family counseling to educational needs and leisure activity.
- MLK Administration Building (Building A)
- Foremost Family Health Centers (Building B)
- MLK Branch Library (Building C)
- MLK ChildCareGroup (Building D)
- MLK Recreation Center (Building E)
Programs and Services
- Rental and Utility Assistance
- Food Pantry
- South Dallas Community Court
- Community Service
- Homeless Housing Services
- South Dallas Fair Park Trust Fund
- Fresh Start
In addition to social services, the MLK Center also hosts a variety of community events throughout the year. For a complete list of programs and services at the Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Center, view our brochure below:
2017 MLK Brochure.pdf