The City of Dallas Public Affairs and Outreach Office is seeking creative and motivated students with good judgment skills, spirit, imagination, energy and a commitment to excellence to join their Intern Program.
Internships are unpaid and designed for students interested in careers in Public Affairs, Media Relations, Marketing, Communications and Television Production. PAO has two different internships: Digital Media interns and Television Production interns.
Digital Media Intern Duties include:
• Writing news releases, advisories, articles and other collateral materials
• Producing original content for dallascitynews.net, including blog posts, graphics, photos and video
• Creating social media posts
• Assisting the PAO staff with special projects, educational campaigns news conferences and special events
• Assisting with public information queries and gathering daily news clips
• Supporting community outreach
Comfortable writing in AP Style
Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere).
Experience using social media sites for marketing purposes
Detail-oriented and able to juggle multiple tasks
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Students must be able to work Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. Full or part-time hours are available.
Television Production Intern duties include:
• Assisting Dallas City Newsroom (DCN) staff with production of original cable television programs, production and special projects
• Assisting DCN staff with video switching
• Shooting B-roll, editing video and logging video
• Providing audio/visual support and setup
• Working knowledge of Avid, Premiere or similar video editing platform.
• Knowledge of video production equipment is mandatory for production intern
• Students must be able to work Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. Full or part-time hours are available.
Email resume, cover letter and work samples to:
Public Affairs and Outreach Coordinator
Phone: (214) 670-1009