The City of Dallas Public Information Office is seeking creative, motivated students with good judgment skills, spirit, imagination, energy and a commitment to excellence to join their Intern Program.
Internships are unpaid and designed for students interested in careers in Public Affairs, Media Relations, Marketing, Communications and Television Production. PIO has two different internships: PIO interns and Television Production interns.
PIO Intern Duties include:
• Writing news releases, advisories, articles and other collateral materials
• Producing original content for dallascitynews.net, including graphics, photos and video
• Assisting in coordinating and planning news conferences and special events
• Assisting the PIO staff with special projects and educational campaigns
• Assisting with public information queries and gathering daily news clips
• Supporting community outreach
Television Production Intern duties include:
• Assisting Dallas City Newsroom (DCN) staff with production of original cable television programs, production and special projects
• Assisting DCN staff with video switching
• Shooting B-roll, editing video and logging video
• Providing audio/visual support and setup
• Must be an undergraduate or graduate student at a fully accredited university or college majoring in Public Relations, Marketing, Television Production, Government, Public Administration, Journalism, Mass Communication or a related field.
• It is preferred that students receive college credit for the internship
• Knowledge of video production equipment is mandatory for production intern
• Students must be able to work Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. Full or part-time hours are available.
Email resume and cover letter to:
Public Information Officer
Phone: (214) 670-1009