Coronavirus (COVID-19): City Facility Closures
In response to the declaration of a Local State of Disaster and to reduce the spread of COVID-19, starting Saturday, March 14, 2020, public access is closed to all City of Dallas libraries, neighborhood cultural centers and recreation centers indefinitely.
All City programs are suspended until further notice and the City is contacting groups with reservations to cancel and reschedule those bookings.
Bureau of Vital Stats – Birth and Death Certificates
Currently, City staff is not receiving requests in person due to City facility closures. Clients can visit www.DallasVitalStatistics.com for more information, or call 214-670-3092.
Public access is closed to the Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Center and the West Dallas Multipurpose Center through Friday, March 20, 2020. This closure impacts the MLK Center’s core building, Building A. The MLK recreation center and library are also closed. All in person social service appointments are being rescheduled or will be transitioned to phone calls.
- West Dallas Social Services Help Line 214-670-8416
- MLK Social Services Help Line 214-670-6530
- Senior Services Help Line 214-670-5227
South Dallas and West Dallas Community Courts will also be closed to the public, defendants may contact 214-930-6960 for guidance or to be directed to an alternative location.
South Dallas Community Court and West Dallas Community Court Defendants can be redirected to one of the following courts:
- South Oak Cliff Community Court
2111 South Corinth Street
- Northeast Community Court
9451 LBJ Frwy, Ste. 130
The Consumer Health office is closed to walk-in traffic until May 17, 2020.
To apply for Consumer Health permits, certificates or make administrative changes while our offices are closed, customers should visit the Code Compliance web page here and click on the Consumer Health page to select their permit type.
Once the permit type is selected, the customer can:
• Complete the application
• Attach the required documents listed on the application and the payment
• Mail complete packet to the Consumer Health Division at 7901 Goforth Road, Dallas, Texas 75238 for processing.
Contact our office at 214-670-8083 with any questions. All calls will be returned within one business day.
Dallas City Hall
The City of Dallas is open, but City Hall is CLOSED unless you have an appointment. Click here
for a full list of online services.
Dallas Municipal Court
The City of Dallas Municipal Court will be closed to the public for in-person services until further notice. All trials, hearings and jury duty are rescheduled for a later date. Persons with scheduled trials, hearings or jury duty appearances will be notified by mail with a new date and time.
Defendants are encouraged to resolve their citation(s) using the following methods:
- Online: Visit tickets.dallascityhall.com to make payments, schedule a court date or apply for a court program.
- Phone: Call 214-670-0109 to pay by phone.
- Mail: Send payments (personal checks or money orders), court date requests or documentation to 2014 Main Street, Dallas, TX, 75201.
For questions or concerns, please call Dallas Municipal Court at 214-670-0109 or chat with a court clerk online at courts.dallascityhall.com.
Dallas Police Department
The Dallas Police Department’s (DPD) Property Room located at 1725 Baylor Street, Dallas, Texas 75226, will be adjusting its hours for the general public. The DPD Property Room will only be open to the public from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., on Tuesdays. Phone calls will be answered 24/7 at 217-670-8333.
Dallas Public Library
Dallas Public Library branches are closed. Staff will be answering phones and responding to customer emails. Deadlines for all borrowed library materials have been extended to April 30, 2020 and will be extended further as necessary. The return drop-boxes outside of libraries are now closed. To access online library materials, visit www.dallaslibrary.org.
Department of Public Works
Currently accepting payments by check at drop off in a folder at the office door; however, can re-direct to payments by mail at: Oak Cliff Municipal Center, 320 East Jefferson Blvd., Room 321, Dallas, TX 75203
Housing and Neighborhood Revitalization
- General Calls: (214) 670-5988
- Release of Liens (ROL): (214) 670-3605
- Home Improvement Preservation Program (HIPP): (214) 670-3644 or email@example.com
- Home Buyers Assistance Program (DHAP): (214) 670-3644 or
- Land Bank: (214)-670-7306 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Questions about Evictions, House Payments and Foreclosures: CLICK HERE
- Questions about HUD Funding for COVID 19: CLICK HERE
Office of Arts and Culture
For additional information about neighborhood cultural centers including the Bath House Cultural Center, Latino Cultural Center, Oak Cliff Cultural Center and South Dallas Cultural Center, please visit www.dallasculture.org.
Office of Fair Housing
Please call 214-670-3247 or visit: www.dallasfairhousing.com for the resources below:
- File Fair Housing Complaint
- Pick up listing of Affordable Housing
- General Questions about Housing Issues Questions about LGBT and gender identity rights
- File a complaint for violation of LGBT rights
- Questions about Disability Rights
- Assistance with Reasonable Accommodation Request
- Reporting a City ADA Violation
Park & Recreation
All Dallas Recreation Centers, playgrounds, soccer fields, basketball courts, golf courses and tennis centers are closed and all city organized parks programs are suspended including any athletic fields reservations and organized play. Public water fountains, park restrooms and dog parks are also closed. Open park turf areas and trails are open. Park Rangers will be monitoring parks and trail usage to ensure compliance of the 6’ ft. safe distance requirement. For additional information for Park & Recreation, please see www.dallasparks.org.
Women, Infants and Children (WIC)
The City of Dallas WIC program has closed all sites through April 3, but will be providing benefits to current participants via mail. Staff will be contacting all current WIC participants in the coming two weeks to update our records and ensure that we have the correct mailing address. For more information on closures and obtaining WIC services, our admin office and call center can be reached at 214-670-7200.