THE RIGHT PERSON IN THE RIGHT JOB!
Under the authority of the Civil Service Board and the Dallas City Charter, our mission is to:
- Maintain a system of employment which provides for city employment which is:
- Open and accessible to all qualified individuals,
- Fair in its application,
- Based on merit and fitness;
- Maintain that system of employment such that employees have reasonable, fair and open opportunities for promotion;
- Assure that employees cannot be removed from employment for capricious or non-performance related reasons.
OPERATIONAL GOALS (based on budget performance measures):
- Provide a timely, objective forum for appeal hearings for the purpose of addressing charges of discrimination and unfair application of Civil Service Rules and/or Personnel Rules;
- Develop and/or validate assessment tools pursuant to federal guidelines;
- Officially announce all promotional and open classified employment opportunities;
- Evaluate all applicants using defined minimum standards;
- Securely maintain and administer required examinations;
- Produce a timely certified register of applicants, who meet or exceed minimum standards, for department consideration;
- Validate credentials of appointed applicants.