FOOD VENDORS OPERATING AT AN APPROVED FARMERS MARKET ARE REQUIRED TO OBTAIN A VENDOR PERMIT IF ONE OF THE FOLLOWING FOOD PRODUCTS IS PROVIDED:
- Open food items that are larger than a bite-sized sample.
- Food items that require temperature control for safety (TCS). TCS foods must be maintained cold or hot for food safety.
VENDORS OFFERING ONLY WHOLE, UNCUT PRODUCE THAT DOES NOT REQUIRE REFRIGERATION DO NOT NEED A FARMERS MARKET VENDOR PERMIT. ALSO, VENDORS THAT PROVIDE A BITE-SIZED SAMPLE OF A NON-TCS FOOD ITEM DO NOT REQUIRE A PERMIT.
Forms & Fees
Farmers Market Guidelines
To submit an application, the following are needed:
- Completed temporary event application – no more than six time/ temperature control for safety foods per booth
- Valid government issued photo ID
- Copy of invitation letter to operate at the farmers market
- Copy of last inspection and health permit OR copy of manufacturer's license (vendors that do not have their own licensed kitchen must also provide a permission letter from the owner of the kitchen where they are preparing their food).
Annual Farmers Market Fees
- Single Market - $123
- Multiple Markets - $228
For additional information, contact the Consumer Health Division between 8:00 am and 4:30 pm Monday thru Friday at (214) 670-8083 or visit the office at: 7901 Goforth Rd, Dallas, Texas 75238.