Report Mosquito issues
The Mosquito Control Program works to prevent the spread of mosquito-transmitted diseases, such as West Nile, Chikungunya and Zika viruses to the public. Information concerning the control of a variety of pests, including rats, roaches, and other insects, is also available from this office.
For additional information, contact the Consumer Health Division between 8:00 am - 4:30 pm at (214) 670-8083 or visit the office at 7901 Goforth Rd, Dallas, Texas 75238. Customers must arrive in the lobby at least 40 minutes before closing to ensure service.
The City of Dallas "Do Not Ground Spray List"
The City of Dallas maintains a list of people who do not wish to be sprayed (ground spraying) as a courtesy. Please submit a request via 311 Dallas - 311 Service Request and select "Mosquito - Do Not Spray" as the Service Type. You must sign up each season to remain on the list. This list applies to ground spraying only.
Remember the Four Ds:
DRAIN: Drain or treat all standing water in and around your home or workplace. Standing water can be found in swimming pools that are not kept clean, ponds, pet watering dishes, birdbaths, potted plants, old tires, empty containers, toys and clogged rain gutters.
DUSK/DAWN: Limit outdoor activities during dusk and dawn when mosquitoes are most active.
DRESS: Wear long, loose, and light-colored clothing outside.
DEET All Day, Every Day: Whenever you're outside, use insect repellents that contain DEET or other EPA approved repellents and follow instructions.
What the City is doing
- Trapping and collections of mosquitoes weekly
- Monitoring known breeding sites and applying larvicide. Checking identified locations from citizen complaints; applying larvicide if needed
- Enforcing City Codes and responding to standing water problems
- Stocking Gambusia (minnows that eat mosquito larva) in standing water that cannot be emptied
- Treating storm drains in areas identified by collections from surveillance