Mosquito Control

​Code Compliance

​Mosquito Control  |  Frequently Asked Questions  |  Control Plan

About the City's Mosquito Control Plan

​How do I report standing water on City property?
Call 3-1-1.

If I find a dead bird, what should I do?
If you find a dead crow or blue jay with no sign of injury, no ants or flies, call 3-1-1 to report the location. Although the City does not collect or test these dead birds, the location information may be helpful in supplementing other data related to West Nike Virus.

When disposing a bird use a glove, an instrument or a plastic bag to pick up the bird and place in the garbage.

Is the City going to spray for mosquitoes? 
The City will only spray for mosquitoes as a last resort per the City´s Mosquito Control Plan. Preventing mosquito breeding by eliminating standing water is the most effective way to control mosquitoes.

How will I know if the City is going to spray my neighborhood?
Please watch or listen to your local news for updated information about spray areas and times or return to the Latest ​Updates web page on this web site.

What precautions should I take at home when the City sprays my area? 
Bring in pet dishes or cover them. 
Cover ponds, fish ponds and birdbaths. 
Bring your pets inside for the night. 
Do not go outside during spray times. 
If you have health problems, such as asthma, take special precautions as directed by your doctor, if necessary.​