Were you previously incarcerated and released from prison or county jail 3 or more years ago?
Do you have charges on your background that has become a roadblock to fulltime and/or stable employment?
If so, we may have an opportunity for you!
of Community Care FreshStart Employment Program is aimed at ensuring
that current, unemployed, underemployed, seasonally employed and temporarily
employed individuals with criminal backgrounds have the opportunity to obtain
full-time employment within the City of Dallas and receive the support needed
to maintain and thrive in the workforce.
relies on a combination of internal programs and local community-based
organizations to refer eligible clients, and to help potential clients gain the
stability and skills needed to become successful employees. The FreshStart
staff will work with City departments to help place clients in full-time positions
with opportunities for growth.
- If you were previously incarcerated/detained in prison and/or county jail, the release date must be a minimum of 3 years back (from today)
- The release date is indicative to anyone who was detained in prison and/or county
- If other types of arrests or offenses are indicated on your background report (without incarceration), offenses documented 3 years back (from today), will be assessed accordingly on a case by case basis
- Deferred adjudication, pending cases or active warrants will not be considered (until your case is resolved)
- Aggregated/Violent Felonies (including murder/attempted murder/homicide/bodily injury)
- All Sex Crimes
- Cruelty to Animals
FreshStart clients are considered eligible by the following:
- must be at least 18 years of age
- considered by
agency referral only. (Agency, please submit your online referral here)
- considered by candidate self referral (if not referred by an agency) please submit a candidate self-referral form here.
- submit application(s)
via the City of Dallas Employment site for program targeted positions
- have been released
from incarceration a minimum of 3 years (if applicable)
- have offenses on their background
- have attended
training or job readiness workshop and referred by an agency
- Job interviews
- Resume building
- Case management
- Financial literacy
- Soft skills
- Mock interviews
FreshStart Employment current positions
If you meet the eligibility criteria...
APPLY NOW to all FreshStart positions below you would like to be considered for!
Laborer B - Equipment & Fleet *VALID Driver License is required*
Laborer B - Park & Recreation (Golf Maintenance) *VALID Driver is License required*
Laborer B - Park & Recreation (Park Maintenance) *VALID Driver is License required*
Laborer B - Public Works SMA (CDL required within 5 months of employment) *VALID Driver License is required* *CDL is required within 5 months of employment*
Laborer IIC - Public Works SMA (CDL REQUIRED) *VALID Class A or B CDL is Required"
Airfield Maintenance Technician II (Aviation) *VALID Driver License is required* *CDL is required within 6 months of employment*
Trades Helper *VALID Driver License is required*
Laborer B (Dallas Water Utilities) *VALID Driver License is not required*
Laborer II (Dallas Water Utilities) *VALID Driver License is required*
Truck Driver II (Dallas Water Utilities) CDL + 2 years of DOT driving experience REQUIRED
Truck Driver II (Sanitation Services) CDL + 2 years of DOT driving experience REQUIRED
The following positions will be available in the near future
Heavy Equipment Operator
Inspector - I, II, and III
For information regarding our positions and/or program eligibility requirements, please contact Kim Benn, Program Manager at 214.671.5116 or email@example.com or Louis Adams, Program Sr. Case Manager at 214.671.5418 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Attending FreshStart events does not guarantee employment.