- Were you previously incarcerated and released from prison or county jail 1 (one) year ago or longer?
- Do you have charges/arrests on your background that has become a roadblock to fulltime and/or stable employment?
If so, we may have an opportunity for you!
of Workforce Development FreshStart Employment Program, is aimed at ensuring
that current, unemployed, underemployed, seasonally employed and temporarily
employed individuals with criminal backgrounds, have the opportunity to obtain
full-time employment within the City of Dallas and receive the support needed
to maintain and thrive in the workforce.
relies on a combination of internal programs and local community-based
organizations to refer eligible clients, and to help potential clients gain the
stability and skills needed to become successful employees. The FreshStart
staff will work with City departments to help place clients in full-time positions
with opportunities for growth.
- If you were previously
incarcerated/detained in prison and/or county jail, the release date must
be a minimum of one (1) year ago (from today)
- The release date is indicative to anyone
who was detained in prison and/or county
- Other arrests
or offenses on your background report (without
incarceration), will be assessed accordingly on a case by case
- Aggregated/Violent Felonies (including murder/attempted murder/homicide/bodily injury)
- All Sex Crimes
- Cruelty to Animals
FreshStart clients are considered eligible, by meeting all criteria below:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Considered by
referral (click here to submit program referral form)
- consideration will be given only to those meeting all eligibility guidlines. Please review prior to completing the referral form
via the City of Dallas Employment site for program targeted positions
from incarceration a minimum of one (1) year ago (if applicable)
- Have other arrests on criminal background report (without incarceration)
- A minimum of 6 months stable housing
- Have attended
training or job readiness workshop
- Job interviews
- Resume building
- Case management
- Financial literacy
- Soft skills
- Mock interviews
Current Positions VACANT POSITONS WILL BE POSTED SOON!
For information regarding our positions and/or program eligibility requirements, please contact Kim Benn, Program Manager at 214.671.5116 or email@example.com or Louis Adams, Program Sr. Case Manager at 214.671.5418 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Attending FreshStart events does not guarantee employment.