HOPWA Housing Services
The Fresh Start Housing Program is committed to providing quality, affordable housing assistance, and supportive services for low-income persons and families that are homeless or at risk of homelessness, including ex-offenders on parole, that are living with HIV/AIDS. The program offers case management supportive services as the participants obtain and remain in stable housing. The supportive services are designed to help participants increase skills and/or income, with the goal of becoming self-sufficient.
Agencies and service providers may complete and submit to email@example.com, a completed referral packet and all necessary information when referring a client. Please contact us by telephone or email to obtaina referral packet. A completed application includes:
- Supportive Housing Referral Form
- Certification of Disability Form
- Homeless or At Risk of Homeless Third-Party Verification
- Client or member of the household must be HIV-positive.
- Client must have income at or below 80% of the median income
- There must be documentation of hardship of homelessness.
HOPWA STRMU (Short-Term Rent, Mortgage, and Utility) Assistance
Provides emergency assistance to individuals and families living with HIV/AIDS who have experienced a temporary financial crisis. Financial services are based on the availability of funds. For assistance, you must call to schedule an appointment with a caseworker. No walk-ins are allowed.
- U.S. Government issued ID or secondary identification
- Social Security Cards for all household members
- Lease agreement or proof of homeownership
- Proof of household income for the past 30 days
- Utility bill
- Eviction notice or mortgage delinquency notice
- Receipts for bills/expenses paid in the last 30 days
*Note: Additional information may be required.
Fresh Start Housing Program Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Center
2922 MLK, Jr. Boulevard, Bldg. A
Dallas, TX 75215
Intake Line: 214-670-6338
Danielle Daniels, Program Manager firstname.lastname@example.org