HOPWA Housing Services
The Fresh Start Housing Program is committed to providing quality, affordable housing opportunities and, superior customer service to our Dallas residents. The program provides housing assistance and supportive services for low-income persons and families, including ex-offenders living with HIV/AIDS. Individuals must be homeless and at-risk of homelessness. The program offers case management supportive services as the participants obtain and remain in stable housing. The supportive services are designed to help participants increase skills and/or income, with the goal of becoming self-sufficient.
Eligibility and Referral Requirements
Agencies and Service Providers may complete and submit directly to the City of Dallas/ Office of Community Care – Fresh Start Housing Program a completed referral packet and all the requested information in its entirety when referring a client at risk of homelessness, or unstably housed. A completed application includes:
- Supportive Housing Referral Form
- Certification of Disability Form
- Homeless or At Risk of Homeless Third-Party Verification
- Client or member of the household must be HIV-positive.
- Client must have income at or below 80% of the median income
- There must be documentation of hardship of homelessness.
Provides emergency assistance to individuals and families living with HIV/AIDS who have experienced a temporary financial crisis. Financial services are based on the availability of funds. For assistance, you must call to schedule an appointment with a caseworker. No walk-ins are allowed.
If you are interested in Rental, Mortgage, or Utilities Assistance through the City of Dallas Office of Community Care, HOPWA STRMU program, you may call our appointment line to speak with a caseworker, Monday - Friday - 9am- 2pm at 214-670-6338.
- U.S. Government issued ID or secondary identification
- Social Security Cards for all household members
- Lease agreement or proof of homeownership
- Proof of household income for the past 30 days
- Utility bill
- Eviction notice or mortgage delinquency notice
- Receipts for bills/expenses paid in the last 30 days
Note: Additional information may be required.
If you need more information about any of the HOPWA services, please call our office.
Fresh Start Housing Program
Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Center
2922 MLK, Jr. Boulevard, Bldg. A
Dallas, TX 75215
Office : 214-670-6338
This program is available regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, familial status, or handicap.