Clik on the link for information on the following:
For all Online Request:
To choose the online option you must be able to download the Contact Information form (This is provided during the online setup) and upload the completed form with acceptable photo identification and any other forms required.
- What are acceptable forms of Picture Identification?
- What items are prohibited in the Court Building?
- What is Appropriate Attire in the Court Building?
- I just received my citation why can I not find it online?
- What forms of payments can I use at the Court house?
- How can I pay without coming into the Court house?
- How can I get copies of my Citation/Court Records?
- How do I pay a Parking Citation or How do I pay/view a Red Light Citation?
- If I have a warrant, will I get arrested when I pay in person?
- Do I have to pay for parking at 2014 Main Street?[CJJ13] Anchor
- I received a letter from Department of Public Safety (DPS) regarding the suspension of my driver's license. How can I get this corrected?[CJJ14]
- How can I look up what citations have a hold from Omni / DPS and where they are from?[CJJ15] anchor
- What do I do if I have a hold on the driver's license but I need to renew it?[CJJ16] anchor
- What do I do if my court date is two months away and I need my registration anchor immediately?[CJJ17]
- What is the Scofflaw Vehicle Registration Denial Program?[CJJ18] anchor
- What are acceptable forms of Picture Identification?
The following forms of picture identification are Acceptable Picture identification for persons
conducting business at the customer service windows:
- Texas or Out of State Driver's License
- Mexican Driver's License or Matrícula Consular
- Texas or Out of State Identification
- Military Identification
- U.S. University Identification (Colleges), etc.
- Immigration Resident
- Mexican Voter Registration
- Texas Department of Corrections Parolee Card
- U.S. Government Issued Identification
- Concealed Handgun License
- Please note that an expired driver's license will suffice only for setting a court date.
What items are prohibited in the Court Building?
- All knives – (Exception: plastic or round-bladed butter knives, etc...)
- Razor-type blades – (Examples: box cutters, utility knives, etc...)
Scissors – (Examples: metal scissors with pointed-tips and blades which are longer than four inches, etc...)
- Sporting-goods objects – (Examples: baseball bats, bows and arrows, golf clubs, pool cue sticks, hockey sticks and ski poles, etc...)
- Firearms & guns – (Examples: all firearms & guns to include but not limited to starter pistols, replicas of firearms, flares, flare-guns, pellet or bb-guns, ammunition, etc.…)
- Working tools – (Examples: hammers, screw drivers, drills, saws, pliers, wrenches, etc...)
- Martial arts & self-defense weapons – (Examples: brass knuckles, billy clubs, mace, throwing stars, kubatons, nunchakus, black jacks, etc...)
What is Appropriate Attire in the Court Building?
All persons entering a courtroom shall be clean and dressed in a manner that shows dignity and respect for the court. Examples of appropriate attire:
- Slacks, non-ripped jeans and pantsuits
- Collared Shirts
- Dresses and skirts
Unacceptable attire includes:
- Shorts or cut offs
- Pants worn below the waistline (drooping/saggy pants)
- Flip flop style shoes
- T-shirts, Muscle shirts, Tank tops, Tube tops and Halter tops
- Athletic/gymnasium attire
- Caps and Hats
- Clothing indicating gang affiliation or containing offensive, vulgar, racist, sexist, or obscene language
- shirts that are not tucked in
I just received my citation why can I not find it online?
It can take a few business days for the officer to turn the citation into the Court. Once the Court has the citation it can take a few days to be entered into the system. You have the option to do any of the request by mail if the citation is not entered in the system. You can also look up the amount of the citation on the "How Much is My Fine" page. (Click Here[CJJ19] )
What forms of payments can I use at the Court house?
At the Court we accept Cash, Check, Cashier's Check, Money Order, Visa and Mastercard. To pay with anything but cash, you must have a picture id that matches the information on the form of payment. We also have an ATM machine in the lobby of the main windows.
How can I pay without coming into the Court house?
- You can pay Online using the website. Online we accept Visa and Mastercard. (Click Here)[CJJ20]
- You can pay by Phone or Retail Store (Click Here)[CJJ21]
- You can pay by Mail. By mail we accept Check, Cashier's Check and Money Order. (Click Here)[CJJ22]
- How can I get copies of my Citation/Court Records?
The Municipal Court does not have access to Arrest Reports, Accident Reports, Driving Records, etc.
If you are needing a record of a past or current citation, you can go online to review the citation. If you click on details once you have the citation pulled up, you can review information on the citation.
If you are needing more information than what can be reviewed online, you can fill out the request form. The form may either be brought into the Court or sent by mail. The clerk's office cannot accept telephone requests. Be sure to print the citation number clearly to insure the correct citation is pulled.
No charge for inspection information maintained in standard paper form. Charges are permitted only where the governmental body is asked to provide, for inspection, information that contains mandatory confidential information and public information. When such is the case, the governmental body may charge to make a copy of the page from which information must be edited. No other charges are allowed except as follows:
The copy fee is $.10 per page as well as a $1 charge per case if certification is required. (Each side that has recorded information is considered a page.)
The following is a summary of the charges for copies of public information that have been adopted by the Attorney General:
1) Standard paper copy--$.10 per page.
2) Nonstandard-size copy:
- Diskette: $1.00;
- Rewritable CD (CD-RW) --$1.00;
- Non-rewritable CD (CD-R) --$1.00;
- Digital video disc (DVD)--$3.00;
- Audio cassette--$1.00;
- Oversize paper copy (e.g.: 11 inches by 17 inches, greenbar, bluebar, not including maps and photographs using specialty paper) --$.50;
- Specialty paper (e.g.: Mylar, blueprint, blueline, map, photographic) --actual cost.
3) Labor charge:
- For programming--$28.50 per hour;
- For locating, compiling, and reproducing--$15 per hour.
4) Overhead charge-- 20% of labor charge.
- Paper copy--$.10 per page;
5) Remote document retrieval charge--Actual cost.
6) Computer resource charge:
- mainframe--$10 per CPU minute;
- Midsize--$1.50 per CPU minute;
- Client/Server system--$2.20 per clock hour;
- PC or LAN--$1.00 per clock hour.
7) Miscellaneous supplies--Actual cost.
8) Postage and shipping charge--Actual cost.
9) Photographs--Actual cost as calculated in accordance with §70.9(5) of this title.
10) Other costs--Actual cost.
11) Outsourced/Contracted Services--Actual cost for the copy. May not include development costs.
12) No Sales Tax--No Sales Tax shall be applied to copies of public information.
To pull up Municipal Court records request form: (Click Here[CJJ23] )
How do I pay a Parking Citation or How do I pay/view a Red Light Citation?
Go to Parking & Red Light Citations, (Click Here[CJJ24] )
If I have a warrant, will I get arrested when I pay in person?
No, we do not have arresting officers at our location waiting for anyone. If you see uniformed personnel, they are either there as bailiffs, or called to appear in court.
Do I have to pay for parking at 2014 Main Street?
Yes, The City of Dallas Municipal Court does not have dedicated parking, nor free parking for the public. Paid parking options include: street metered parking, daily lots, and private garages.
I received a letter from Department of Public Safety (DPS) regarding the suspension of my driver's license. How can I get this corrected?
You will need to contact the local DPS office for further information or the person whom sent you the letter.
How can I look up what citations have a hold from Omni / DPS and where they are from?
What do I do if I have a hold on the driver's license, but I need to renew it?
Look up what citations are holding the license (http://www.texasfailuretoappear.com) and pay the balance in full. To review citation(s), status, or balances (Click Here). [CJJ25] Example: (C12123456)
What do I do if my court date is two months away and I need my registration immediately?
The citation would need to be paid in full for the hold to be lifted. To review citation(s), status, or balances (Click Here). [CJJ26] Example: (C12123456)
What is the Scofflaw Vehicle Registration Denial Program?
To better understand the Scofflaw Vehicle Registration Denial Program, please see our Scofflaw Pamphlet[CJJ27] (PDF, in English and en español).
You must appear within 21 days from the date the citation was issued. You may make an appearance either in person, online or in writing. Telephone calls, Live Chat or emailing do not satisfy this requirement. If you fail to make your appearance within the 21 days you are subject to additional fines, fees and possible warrants for your arrest.
Only the person who received the citation may enter a plea to the citation. You may make your plea either online, by mail or in person.
Authorized Pleas are:
Guilty Plea – By a plea of guilty, you admit that you committed the act charged and that it is prohibited by law, and that you have no defense or excuse for your act.
No Contest Plea
No Contest (Nolo Contendere) Plea – A plea of no contest means that you do not contest the charges against you.
A plea of no contest cannot be used against you in the event of a subsequent civil suit for damages.
Not Guilty Plea
Not Guilty Plea – A plea of not guilty means that you are informing the Court that you deny guilt or that you have a good defense for your case. When you enter a plea of not guilty to a charge, you will be set for a pre-trial hearing.
Hire an Attorney
You will need to decide whether to retain an attorney to represent you or represent yourself at the trial. You are not required to hire an attorney, you may represent yourself.
311 Call Center: (214-670-0109) dallascityhall.com/Pages/Contact.aspx
Community Court: dallascityattorney.com/Community_Courts.html
Dallas County: (214-653-7011) www.dallascounty.org
Dallas Marshal's Office: (214-640-3999) dallascityhall.com/departments/courtdetentionservices/Pages/Dallas-City-Marshal.aspx
Dallas Police: www.dallaspolice.net/home
DPS: (512-424-2600) www.dps.texas.gov
DPS: (Driving Record) www.dps.texas.gov/DriverLicense/driverrecords.htm
DPS: (Surcharge Info) www.txsurchargeonline.com/OnlineServices.aspx
Omni Base / Hold on DL: www.texasfailuretoappear.com
Lew Sterrett Jail: (214-761-9025) dallascounty.org/department/sheriff/detention.php
Scofflaw Info: www.dallascounty.org/department/tax/mv_what_is_scofflaw.php
[CJJ1]Frequently Asked Questions
[CJJ4]What are acceptable forms of Picture Identification?
[CJJ5]What items are prohibited in the Court Building?
[CJJ6]What is Appropriate Attire in the Court Building?
[CJJ7]I just received my citation why can I not find it online?
[CJJ8]What forms of payments can I use at the Court house?
[CJJ9]How can I pay without coming into the Court house?
[CJJ10]How can I get copies of my Citation/Court Records?
[CJJ11]How do I pay a Parking Citation or How do I pay/view a Red Light Citation?
[CJJ12]If I have a warrant, will I get arrested when I pay in person?
[CJJ13]Do I have to pay for parking at 2014 Main Street?
[CJJ14]I received a letter from Department of Public Safety (DPS) regarding the suspension of my driver's license. How can I get this corrected?
[CJJ15]How can I look up what citations have a hold from Omni / DPS and where they are from?
[CJJ16]What do I do if I have a hold on the driver's license, but I need to renew it?
[CJJ17]What do I do if my court date is two months away and I need my registration immediately?
[CJJ18]What is the Scofflaw Vehicle Registration Denial Program?