Court & Detention Services

​Court & Detention Services

In-Person Requirements: CLICK HERE. 

Requisitos en persona: OPRIMA AQUI.

Options for Citations over 21 ​​​​days​

​If your citation is older than 21 days from the date of receipt, and you have not taken action on it, you have the following options:

  1. If you would like to plea guilty or no contest and administer the ticket without going to court,
    your options include:
  2. ​​If you would like to plea not guilty, your options include:
    • Post a cash bond in the amount of the citation and receive a court date
    • Hire an attorney
  3. If you would like to plea guilty or no contest you have the option to go to the Proof or Plea (walk-in) court and request​:
      • ​​Pay the fine through a plea, (payment plans available upon request)
      • Request deferred disposition (probation)
      • Dismissal (compliance) proof (*see details below)
      • Request driver's safety course
      • Request community service or work release program
      • Submit time served proof
        ​* Show compliance or "proof" on the case by presenting a valid Texas driver's license, proof of insurance or financial responsibility, renewed or valid inspection sticker, or renewed or valid registration;


      The Proof or Plea hours are: 

      Walk-in court (proof or plea) is open and accessible to the public as a first come first served docket. Sign-in begins at 7:30 a.m. and court opens at 8:30 a.m. There is a limited number of people that can be scheduled per docket. Once the morning docket is full, you can wait on the 1:00 p.m. docket or come back another day.  Once the afternoon docket is full, you can return another business day to sign up for the walk-in court (proof or plea). 

      Morning Open Court                                   Afternoon Open Court

      Monday:       8:30 am – 10:30 am            1:00 pm – 3:30 pm 

      Tuesday:      8:30 am – 10:30 am             1:00 pm – 5:30 pm

      Wednesday:     8:30 am – 10:30 am      1:00 pm - 3:30 pm

      Thursday:     8:30 am – 10:30 am            1:00 pm – 3:30 pm

      Friday:          8:30 am – 10:30 am              1:00 pm – 2:00 pm (Juvenile ONLY - 16 and Younger)

      Check the link for building closings or non-court days:  Location and Hours 

      Individuals who come to the Dallas Municipal Court will not be arrested. We do not have arresting officers at our location. If you see uniformed personnel, they are either there as bailiffs or called to appear in court.