Virtual Hearing Conference:
The City of Dallas Municipal Court now offers Virtual Hearings to allow defendants to dispose of eligible cases (see eligibility requirements below) via a video conference through the use of Microsoft Teams either on your computer or wireless device.
All Virtual Hearings are live and recorded. To meet the open court requirement, members of the public can view the hearings at the Dallas Municipal Court Building. Please follow the same rules of decorum and dress code as if you are appearing in person before the court. (Link) (Link will go to the Location & Hours page where it talks about dress code)
Cases that are ELIGIBLE for Virtual Hearing:
• All moving violation (i.e. generally involving the movement of the automobile);
• Code violations;
• Defective equipment;
• Disorderly conduct;
• Driving while license invalid;
• Driving with suspended driver's license;
• Expired registration;
• Fail to change address on driver's license;
• Failure to maintain financial responsibility (no insurance);
• Failure to obey the direction of a police officer;
• No Driver's License;
• Ordinance violations;
• Possession of drug paraphernalia;
• Public intoxication; and
Cases that are NOT ELIGIBLE for Virtual Hearings:
• Assault Family Violence;
• Cases in which the prosecutor has exercised his/her right to be heard on the case;
• Juvenile citations; and
• All other penal code violations.
To review citation(s), status, or balances (Click Here
). Example: (C12123456 Do not enter the dash) (Warrants will appear in red)
Requirements you need to request a Virtual Hearing:
• A device you can access an internet connection (PC, MAC, Smart Phone, Tablet, etc.);
• A fast and stable internet connection;
• A webcam or a built-in camera on your device that will allow the Judge to see you during the virtual hearing.
• The device must have a microphone connected that will allow you to talk to the Judge, and that will allow you to hear what the Judge is saying to you;
• You must have a valid email address, and you will need to have the ability to scan or email paperwork and/or documents.
• Acceptable form of identification (Defined Here) (Social security cards and selfies (pictures) are NOT valid forms of identification);
• Virtual Hearing Request Form.
By requesting online, you authorize the City of Dallas Department of Court & Detention Services to contact you at the email and phone number provided (mobile or otherwise). Please understand we may use automated technology (phone, messaging, prerecorded, etc.) to contact you on that number for general purposes.
*** When you request a Virtual Hearing online, please note this is a REQUEST ONLY. The Court will provide a response by email or phone within 5-7 business days and will utilize the email address or phone number listed on the Virtual Hearing Request Form. ***
Attending a Virtual Hearing allows the defendant to:
• Enter a plea of GUILTY or NO CONTEST. If you plead guilty or no contest via the Video Court Appearance, you still have the ability to request:
• Compliance Dismissals;
• Deferred Disposition;
• DSC (Driver Safety Courses); and
• Payment Plans.
• Enter a Plea of NOT GUILTY and request a trial by judge or trial by jury on a later date.
• Trials will not be by a Virtual Hearing. You will be required to appear in person at 2014 Main Street, Dallas, Texas 75201-4406, at a later date.
• You may request a change of due date, program, plea, or Judge's order established previously by the Judge. You need to be prepared to provide paperwork to the Judge as to why an extension is needed.