Court & Detention Services

​Court & Detention Services

In-Person Requirements: CLICK HERE. 

Requisitos en persona: OPRIMA AQUI.

Frequently Asked Questions

gray bar


​If I received a Class C Misdemeanor citation from the City of Dallas, what do I do?

 If within 21 calendar days of being issued, see your options under the “Resolve Your Ticket” section.

If your citation is older than 21 days and you have not taken action on it, see your options by (clicking here).

gray bar

What should I expect when requesting a court date (Pre-Trial Hearings)?

Pre-Trial Hearings

gray bar 

I missed my court date. What are my options?

You have the following options available: 1) You may pay the fine; 2) you may post a cash bond usually for the amount of the fine, and request the case be reset for trial, or 3) you can hire an attorney.

return-to-top bar

Do I have to pay for parking at 2014 Main Street?

Yes, there is paid parking provided by independent owners not affiliated with the City of Dallas. See the following link for reference: (Parking Map)

return-to-top bar

The Dallas Police Department says I may bring my insurance card to have my Failure to Maintain Financial Responsibility (FMFR) citation dismissed. Is that correct?

Insurance citations are handled online, by mail, or in-person at the Court. You must provide the declaration page of your insurance policy along with the insurance card. For the judge to consider the citation for a compliance dismissal, the declaration page must cover the date and time the citation was received.

gray bar


Where can I learn more about Driver Safety Course and Deferred Disposition for dismissing a citation?

View our Deferred Disposition & Driver Safety School page under the “Resolve Your Ticket” webpage to learn more.

return-to-top bar

If I have a warrant, will I get arrested when I pay in person?

Individuals who come to the Dallas Municipal Court will not be arrested. We do not have arresting officers at our location. If you see uniformed personnel, they are either there as bailiffs or called to appear in court.

return-to-top bar

I need information regarding a County, Federal, or Department of Public Safety Office citation.

County Information is (214) 761-9025

Federal Information is 1-800-688-9889

gray bar

I received a letter from Department of Public Safety regarding the suspension of my driver's license.  How can I get this corrected?

You will need to contact the local DPS office for further information or the person whom sent you the letter.

return-to-top bar

How can I request a Payment Plan?

Learn more in our Payment Plan section.

return-to-top bar

What do I do if my court date is two months away and I need my registration immediately?

Pay your fine in full.

return-to-top bar 

What is the Scofflaw Vehicle Registration Denial Program?

To better understand the Scofflaw Vehicle Registration Denial Program, please see our Scofflaw Pamphlet (PDF, in English and en español). ​​​​​​​