Rehabilitation & Reconstruction of Owner-Occupied Homes
The City of Dallas provides an all-inclusive repair and rehabilitation program for single-family owner-occupied housing units. Home Improvement and Preservation Program (HIPP) offers a repayment loan program to low and moderate-medium income homeowners, with the purpose of making needed improvements and preserving affordable housing. HIPP is designed to finance home improvements and address health, safety, accessibility modification, reconstruction and structural/deferred maintenance deficiencies. HIPP enables homeowners to improve their housing while creating a positive effect in the community.
PROGRAM CURRENTLY CLOSED!!
The application process will be opened as funds and program capacity allows. When funds are available, the application will be made available online or can be picked up at the following times and location:
Monday thru Friday
8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Dallas City Hall
1500 Marilla St., Room 6CN
Dallas, Texas 75201
Only completed application packets will be accepted. We do not accept mailed-in or faxed application packets and no incomplete applications will be accepted. APPLICATION WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED without ALL supporting documents. An applicant's assistance will be limited on a first-qualified, first serve basis.
Supporting Documentation Required with Application
- Photo Identification: Driver's License, State Identification (all household members 18 years or older)
- Proof of Citizenship: Birth Certificates or Permanent Resident Card (all household members)
- Social Security Cards (all household members)
- Copies of paycheck stubs for the last (60) days for all wage earners (For all household members over)
- Copies of signed current two (2) years Federal Income Tax returns;
- if self-employed, including all schedules for all persons in the household, 1099's etc.
- Other income documentation (provide copy of Award Letter, etc):
- Current year Social Security award letter
- Disability award letter or a letter from a qualified physician stating disability
- Temporary Assistant for Needy Families (TANF)
- Interests on savings accounts/income earning account
- Two (2) most recent bank statements to include all pages for each account
- Provide copies of the most recent utility statements such as electricity and gas
- Divorce Decree or Death Certificate (if applicable)
- One (1) current mortgage statement
- If you have children (18 years or older) who attend school or college, please submit a copy of their school registration.
Application and Further Information
For further information on how to obtain an application, please call or visit the following location:
City of Dallas
Housing & Neighborhood Revitalization Department
Housing Improvement Preservation Program
1500 Marilla Street - 6CN
Dallas, TX 75201
(214) 670-3644 - Main Line
Home Improvement and Preservation Program (HIPP) Links to Helpful Materials
Home Repair Application
Ask about Energy Star