The Department of Housing and Neighborhood Revitalization (H&NR) provides various forms of funding to non-profit and for-profit developers. The primary purpose of H&NR's funding is to provide gap financing in the form of a repayable loan to support new developments or substantial rehabilitation of existing developments located within the City limits, with such funding prioritized in the Reinvestment Strategy Areas, as outlined in the City's Comprehensive Housing Policy and the Program Statement for the New Construction and Substantial Rehabilitation Program. Projects must assist the City in meeting the production goals set forth in the policy by proposing to serve households earning between 30%-120% of the Dallas Area Median Income (AMI) with the targeted income bands varying according to the market and development type.
Funding Priorities for the New Construction and Substantial Rehabilitation Program
In general, H&NR prioritizes the funding of developments that:
- based on feasibility and consistency of the proposed development schedule, can expeditiously assist the City with meeting its annual production goals,
- are located in one of the City's Reinvestment Strategy Areas (RSAs),
- serve an appropriate range of income bands from 30%-120% AMI based on market and development type
- are mixed income and include both affordable and market rate units,
- are located near amenities such as full-scale grocery stores, major employment centers, and public parks, and
- will be developed and managed by individuals or entities who have significant experience in successfully developing and managing projects that include an affordable housing component.
Type of Developments Eligible for Funding Awards
Funds may be used to:
- build new single-family houses that will be available for sale (5 or more houses),
- build new multifamily rental housing (5 or more units), or
- substantially rehabilitate existing multifamily or single-family rental housing (5 or more units).
If you have any questions, please contact Avis Chaisson, Assistant Director, at email@example.com or (214) 670-3615.
(May 10, 2019)--A request for Proposal was posted by the City yesterday related to development of
single family housing units pursuant to the Housing and Neighborhood
Revitalization Department’s New Development and Substantial Rehabilitation
Program. The Request for Proposal will allow non-profit and for-profit
developers to apply for funding and/or to purchase land.
Should there be any questions about the NOFA, please register/login to the City of Dallas Procurement Portal. (Follow the link to the Single-Family NOFA).
Below are links to the following:
Under the adopted Comprehensive Housing Policy, the City of Dallas (City) established a process and evaluation criteria for Resolutions of Support or No Objection. Each year in December, the City will issue a Request for Applications (RFA) for Resolutions of Support or No Objection and bring forth recommendations to the Economic Development and Housing Subcommittee and City Council in February of each year.
The application period is now closed.
New Construction and Substantial Rehabilitation Program
Rental Rehabilitation and Reconstruction Program
Single Family Development Underwriting Guidelines
Rental Development Underwriting Guidelines