The Department of Housing and Neighborhood Revitalization (H&NR) provides various forms of funding to non-profit and for-profit developers. The primary purpose of H&NR's funding is to provide gap financing in the form of a repayable loan to support new developments or substantial rehabilitation of existing developments located within the City limits, with such funding prioritized in the Reinvestment Strategy Areas, as outlined in the City's Comprehensive Housing Policy and the Program Statement for the New Construction and Substantial Rehabilitation Program. Projects must assist the City in meeting the production goals set forth in the policy by proposing to serve households earning between 30%-120% of the Dallas Area Median Income (AMI) with the targeted income bands varying according to the market and development type.
Funding Priorities for the New Construction and Substantial Rehabilitation Program
In general, H&NR prioritizes the funding of developments that:
- based on feasibility and consistency of the proposed development schedule, can expeditiously assist the City with meeting its annual production goals,
- are located in one of the City's Reinvestment Strategy Areas (RSAs),
- serve an appropriate range of income bands from 30%-120% AMI based on market and development type
- are mixed income and include both affordable and market rate units,
- are located near amenities such as full-scale grocery stores, major employment centers, and public parks, and
- will be developed and managed by individuals or entities who have significant experience in successfully developing and managing projects that include an affordable housing component.
Type of Developments Eligible for Funding Awards
Funds may be used to:
- build new single-family houses that will be available for sale (5 or more houses),
- build new multifamily rental housing (5 or more units), or
- substantially rehabilitate existing multifamily or single-family rental housing (5 or more units).
If you have any questions, please contact Avis Chaisson, Assistant Director, at email@example.com or (214) 670-3615.
(February 6, 2019)--The Department of Housing and Neighborhood Revialization is seeking feedback regarding the development of a 2019 Single Family Housing Development Notice of Funding Availability. Please provide written feedback or questions to HousingPolicy@dallascityhall.com
On January 29 and February 5, 2019, the Department of Housing and Neighborhood Revialization held listening sessions with stakeholders regarding a proposed 2019 Single Family Housing Development Notice of Funding Availability. A link to the presentation used at these sessions is provided below:
Single Family Residential Development in the City of Dallas: Overview and Discussion of Funding Opportunities (power point slide show will download)
Under the adopted Comprehensive Housing Policy, the City of Dallas (City) established a process and evaluation criteria for Resolutions of Support or No Objection. Each year in December, the City will issue a Request for Applications (RFA) for Resolutions of Support or No Objection and bring forth recommendations to the Economic Development and Housing Subcommittee and City Council in February of each year.
The application period is now closed.
2018 Request for Applications for Housing Tax Credit Projects
***The application is bookmarked on the left side of the PDF.
New Construction and Substantial Rehabilitation Program
Rental Rehabilitation and Reconstruction Program
Single Family Development Underwriting Guidelines
Rental Development Underwriting Guidelines