Residential Neighborhood Empowerment Zone (NEZ) Program
NEZ is intended to provide incentive for homeowners and landlords, through a 10- year tax abatement, to create high-quality housing for a variety of incomes. In these zones, homeowners and landlords may qualify for development fee reimbursements and City property tax abatements if they do one of the following:
- Spend at least $5,000 renovating their own home and have a household income at or under 120% AMI
- Spend at least $10,000, bring their single-family or duplex rental unit up to code, and reserve it for households under 60% AMI (about $50,000 for a family of four)
- Existing and potential homeowners in education and library occupations; healthcare occupations; and protective service occupations, including fire fighters and police officers, with a gross household income under 140% AMI, are considered eligible households for homeowner repair.
Eligible repairs may include: Roofing, HVAC, plumbing, and exterior repair
Applicants to NEZ will need the following supporting items to accompany their complete application.
- Application form fully filled-out and submitted
- Property Deed or/and Affidavit of Heirship
- Copy of (1) month current checking/savings bank statements - ALL pages included
- All applicable Income-Paystubs or other:
- One (1) month of most recent paycheck stubs (all wage earners)
- Current Social Security and/or Supplemental Security Income
- Unemployment: Statement of Potential Benefit and Wages
- Court-ordered child support statement (if applicable)
- Additional information
- Proof of repairs: before and after pictures, receipts, proof
- Birth certificate or affidavit of birth of all minor children (and permanent resident card or Certificate of Naturalization, if applicable)
- Divorce decree or death certificate (if applicable)
- School Registration (for children attending college)
Download the NEZ Homeowner Application: CLICK HERE
Download the NEZ Landlord Application: CLICK HERE
PP@dallascityhall.com along with all required supporting information.
If you would like to submit your application in person at City Hall, please call 214-670-3644 ahead of time.
*Download the Program Information in English or in Spanish
*Download the Frequently Asked Questions in English or Spanish