- DHAP funds are available to eligible homebuyers purchasing a home as their primary residence.
- The amount of assistance will be based on need and determined by DHAP underwriting guidelines.
- Properties occupied by a tenant other than seller/borrower must be vacated for a period of 60 days prior to execution of a sales contract.
- Property must be located within the city limits of Dallas.
- Total taxable household income must be between 60% and 80% of the Dallas Area Median Family Income, based on household size.**
- Property must meet Minimum Housing Standards (MHS).
- Homebuyer must receive pre-purchase education by a DHAP and HUD approved agency.
- Homebuyer must invest at least $1,000 toward the purchase of the home and have at least two (2) months mortgage payments in reserves after closing.
- Homebuyer is limited to $10,000 in liquid assets.
**Applies to DHAP prequalifications effective August 22, 2018. This change was adopted in the city's approved Comprehensive Housing Policy.
Additional Homebuyer Assistance
- The City of Dallas Mortgage Credit Certificate Program (MCC) managed by First Southwest Company (www.fschousing.com) so homebuyers may also receive a Federal Income Tax Credit