Note: This information is for new employees. Information for current employees and the 2021 Open Enrollment is available here.
You have 30 days from your hire/rehire date (or the date your status changes to benefits-eligible) to enroll yourself and your dependents in benefits. Your coverage begins on your hire date or retroactively to your status change date, as appropriate. If you do not enroll within the 30-day timeframe, you will automatically be enrolled in basic life insurance (full-time employees only). You will have to wait until the next annual enrollment or experience a Qualifying Life Event to enroll in any other benefits.
How to Enroll Online
1. Log on to https://standard.benselect.com/cityofdallas.
2. At the Employee Login screen, enter your user name and PIN. Your user name is your first name, a period, your last name, and your 4-digit birth year.
[Example: John Smith born in 1965 would be john.smith1965). Your PIN is the last 4 digits of your Social Security number followed by the last 2 digits of your birth year. (Example: If the last 4 digits of your Social Security number are 1234 and you were born in 1965, your PIN would be 123465.]
3. Start your benefits enrollment by clicking Next to review your personal and dependent information. (Note: The My Benefits page provides a snapshot of your current benefit elections.)
4. Click next to continue through the plan information or on the benefit plan names under My Benefits to enroll or waive coverage.
-A checkmark means “enrolled”
– An X means “waived“ or “not available to enroll”
– A blank square means “not yet enrolled”
5. Once you have made your benefit elections, click Sign & Submit. You MUST complete this step in order for the system to process your enrollment choices. In this step, you will sign a benefit confirmation form electronically using your PIN.
If you have any questions about your 2020 benefits or need assistance with the enrollment process, please call (214) 556-0971.
How to Enroll by Phone
Benefit Specialists can enroll you over the phone as well. The call center is available to help you with questions, rates, and your enrollment. The call center will be open Monday – Friday, 8:15 a.m. – 5:15 p.m. To get started, just call (214) 556-0971.