WellAware | Weight Loss Programs
Lose & Win
The United Healthcare Lose and Win program is an eight-week, worksite-based, weight-loss program designed to provide employees with information and skills needed to make healthy lifestyle changes such as:
- Estimate appropriate portion sizes
- Incorporate physical activity into everyday life
- Plan healthy meals
- Choose healthier options when dining out
- Manage Stress
Lose and Win is offered onsite providing a supportive environment for employees participating in the program. The program is free to employees. To participate in the Lose and Win Program, contact your United Healthcare onsite wellness coordinator or your department wellness champion for more information.
The Naturally Slim program is a 10-week, self-paced, online course. With Naturally Slim, you will learn to eat all foods, lose weight, and maintain your weight loss. There are no "forbidden" foods to return to, so you sustain your weight loss forever. Each week you will watch a video and apply the principles taught by a family nurse practitioner. In addition, you will have an assigned counselor for accountability who will answer any questions you may have throughout the course.
Sign up for Naturally Slim
How the Program Works:
Naturally Slim focuses on the issue of metabolic syndrome and offers methods to help you create changes in your behavior. More specifically, it:
- Fights metabolic syndrome by focusing on weight loss and maintaining a healthy lifestyle
- Enables you to develop a lifestyle of eating your favorite foods while still improving health and losing weight
- Teaches you to identify personal eating habits; recognize the difference between true hunger and psychological hunger; understand how hydration habits influence hunger; and practice ways to minimize fat storage.
- Addresses how exercise, stress and your environment affect weight loss.
In order to enroll in this program, you must be an employee enrolled in the City of Dallas United Healthcare Medical Insurance Plan.
City of Dallas has joined forces with Weight Watchers to bring you special savings on valuable and convenient weight-loss solutions. You can attend Weight Watchers meetings right in your workplace or local community, or follow Weight Watchers program completely online. You can choose an offering that best suits your lifestyle.
Weight Watchers Meeting with Monthly Pass:
- With monthly pass, you can get the convenience of Weight Watchers meetings in your workplace and unlimited meetings in your local community. Get your lowest price per week and free eTools to help you stay on track between meetings.
- The cost for Weight Watchers Monthly Pass Program is $31.95 per person, per month or $15.98 per pay period
Weight Watchers Online:
- With Weight Watchers online, you can follow the plan step-by-step entirely online with interactive tools and resources like weight tracker, progress charts, restaurant guides and much more.
- The cost for Weight Watchers Online is $14.36 per person, per month or $7.18 per pay period.
Who is eligible?
- All benefits-eligible City of Dallas employees can participate in the Weight Watchers Monthly Pass Program or Weight Watchers Online. Temporary and contract employees are not eligible to participate in these programs.