The City of Dallas is excited to announce that $100,000 of CARES Act funding has been approved for distribution in support of the temporary parklet program. At this time, no more applications are being accepted.
Dallas City Council and the Ad Hoc Committee on COVID-19 Economic Recovery and Assistance approved financial assistance for the temporary parklet program in the form of CARES Act funding to assist in the development of temporary parklets and to continue supporting local businesses as they recover from the pandemic impact.
Permitted parklets may apply for reimbursement of expenses directly related to the installation of a temporary parklet including:
- Costs of materials and labor to install the required parklet perimeter and safety apparatus (fencing, barriers, planters, required street closure apparatus, reflectors etc.)
- Elements purchased specifically for the parklet (cafe tables, chairs, benches, bike racks, solar lighting, umbrellas, approved signage, self-contained portable misting system or battery-operated fans, patio heaters etc.).
- Direct costs related to the required insurance.
- Labor costs for hours dedicated to the parklet
- daily set-up and tear-down of the parklet
- wait staff
- Application must be received no later than 5 p.m. on Monday, Dec. 14.
- All reimbursement requests will be reviewed and forwarded for disbursement no later than noon on December 15.
- Funds will be dispersed in an allocable manner based on the reimbursement requests received and the total funding available.
- Applicant must verify that all expenses are a direct result of installing and operating the Temporary Parklet.
- Staff will review the expenses and make allowable reimbursement. By submitting this application, you are agreeing that your application will be reviewed by the City of Dallas for the consideration of funding.
- Only allowable elements as listed in the Temporary Parklet Guidebook will be reimbursed.
- Itemized receipts are required.
- Only completed applications will be reviewed. Incomplete applications will be rejected.
- Daily operational expenses are NOT reimbursable.
- Applications for expense reimbursement will be accepted once a Temporary Parklet Permit is issued.
- Only one reimbursement application will be accepted per permit issued.
- City Council approved that all permit extension fees be waived. Permit extensions are issued at no cost to the permit holder.