Dallas City Council and the Ad Hoc Committee on COVID-19 Economic Recovery and Assistance approved financial assistance for the temporary parklet program in the form of CARES Act funding to assist in the development of temporary parklets and to continue supporting local businesses as they recover from the pandemic impact.
Permitted parklets may apply for reimbursement of expenses directly related to the installation of a temporary parklet including:
- Costs of materials and labor to install the required parklet perimeter and safety apparatus (fencing, barriers, planters, required street closure apparatus, reflectors etc.)
- Elements purchased specifically for the parklet (cafe tables, chairs, benches, bike racks, solar lighting, umbrellas, approved signage, self-contained portable misting system or battery-operated fans, patio heaters etc.).
- Direct costs related to the required insurance.
- Labor costs for hours dedicated to the parklet
- daily set-up and tear-down of the parklet
- wait staff
- Application must be received no later than 5 p.m. on Monday, December 14, 2020.
- All reimbursement requests will be reviewed and forwarded for disbursement no later than noon on December 15.
- Funds will be dispersed in an allocable manner based on the reimbursement requests received and the total funding available.
- Applicant must verify that all expenses are a direct result of installing and operating the Temporary Parklet.
- Staff will review the expenses and make allowable reimbursement. By submitting this application, you are agreeing that your application will be reviewed by the City of Dallas for the consideration of funding.
- Only allowable elements as listed in the Temporary Parklet Guidebook will be reimbursed.
- Itemized receipts are required.
- Only completed applications will be reviewed. Incomplete applications will be rejected.
- Daily operational expenses are NOT reimbursable.
- Applications for expense reimbursement will be accepted once a Temporary Parklet Permit is issued.
- Only one reimbursement application will be accepted per permit issued.
- City Council approved that all permit extension fees be waived. Permit extensions are issued at no cost to the permit holder.
Microsoft Teams Informational Meeting Regarding Funding Assistance
Wednesday, Nov. 18 from 3:30 - 4 p.m.
Join on your computer or mobile app:
Click here to join the meeting
Or call in (audio only):
+1 469-217-7604,,699237750# United States, Dallas
Phone Conference ID: 699 237 750#
Materials for the Meeting:
Temporary Parklet Program - CARES Act Funding (11.18.20) PDF.pdf
1. Please complete a vendor registration form. BDPS-FRM-602 Vendor REGISTRATION Form for Companies-Individuals 061416.pdf
- Submit the form by emailing it to CCTSpecialEvents@dallascityhall.com.
- You will receive an email response notifying you of the vendor number that has been issued to you (this may take 24 hours).
- Please wait to receive a vendor number before submitting the reimbursement form. The vendor number is required on the reimbursement form.
2. After the information meeting on Nov. 18 at 3:30 (information above), then submit a Temporary Parklet Expense Reimbursement Form. It is important to wait until after the meeting to get a full understanding of everything that can and cannot be included for reimbursement. You can start the form and save it until you are ready to submit it.