The Planning & Urban Design Department (P+UD) develops and facilitates comprehensive plans, policies and programs through effective community engagement. Our goal is to advance livability, economic vibrancy, sustainability and equity throughout Dallas. Our team collaborates across departments, external agencies and private initiatives to:
● Draft comprehensive land use and urban design plans for Council adoption;
● Lead targeted neighborhood revitalization efforts;
● Provide capacity building and training for neighborhood organizations;
● Provide conceptual design services and design review for development projects, and;
● Facilitate implementation of adopted city plans and policies.
Focused on directing general business operations by coordinating departmental projects and activities, internally and across city departments.
Administrative Specialist II
Planner / Mascot
Focuses on thoughtful and intentional community engagement and building the capacity of neighborhood-based organizations.
Outreach Specialist II
Advances the ForwardDallas Comprehensive Plan, adopted by Council, by developing comprehensive area plans to promote neighborhood quality of life, a connected city and increased tax base. Facilitate plan and policy implementation through ongoing policy analysis, review of development projects and conceptual design of projects that impact the public realm.
GIS Analyst III