The Planning & Urban Design Department (P+UD) develops and facilitates comprehensive plans, policies and programs through effective community engagement. Our goal is to advance livability, economic vibrancy, sustainability and equity throughout Dallas. Our team collaborates across departments, external agencies and private initiatives to:
● Draft comprehensive land use and urban design plans for Council adoption;
● Lead targeted neighborhood revitalization efforts;
● Provide capacity building and training for neighborhood organizations;
● Provide conceptual design services and design review for development projects, and;
● Facilitate implementation of adopted city plans and policies.
Focused on directing general business operations by coordinating departmental projects and activities, internally and across city departments.
Administrative Specialist II
Planner / Mascot
Reviews & processes zoning change requests, variances and special exceptions, and other miscellaneous and zoning-related applications and processes
Outreach Specialist II
thoughtful and intentional community engagement and building the capacity of neighborhood-based organizations.
A team of urban planning, data management, and community engagement professionals who are leaders in geodesign, community storytelling, capacity building, process improvements, information management, and policy analysis through data driven approaches.
GIS Analyst III