DALLAS LOVE FIELD
RUNWAY 31R GLIDE SLOPE RELOCATION PROJECT
8008 HERB KELLEHER WAY
DALLAS, TEXAS 75235
Sealed Bids will be received at the Office of the Purchasing Agent of the City of Dallas, City Hall, 1500 Marilla St., Rm. 3FN, Dallas, TX 75201, until 1:00 pm on Friday, December 8, 2017. The Bids will be publicly opened and read aloud at 2:00 pm on Friday, December 8, 2017 in the Express Business Center, Rm. L2ES at City Hall.
A Pre-bid Conference will be held at 10:00 am on Monday, November 20, 2017 in conference room 103 of the Dallas Department of Aviation building, 7555 Lemmon Ave, Dallas, TX 75209. A site tour will not be conducted. Bid Packets, Plans and Specifications may be obtained beginning Wednesday, November 8, 2017, from Thomas Printworks Contact: Jon Sauve, Phone: (214) 880-0022 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Cost for Bid Packets, Plans and Specifications is $15.00 for the first set only. Bid documents will include a paper set and a CD Rom. Additional sets are available at direct cost of printing plus tax. Bid Sets costs are non-refundable. All purchases must be made by Cashier's Check or Money Order made payable to Thomas Reprographics. For Information regarding this project, Contact Ryan Shropshire, rshropshire@HNTB.com
FAA REQUIRED LANGUAGE IN PUBLISHED ADVERTISEMENT FOR BIDS
The Runway 31R Glide Slope Relocation project consists of relocating the glide slope antenna, shelter, precision approach path indicator (PAPI), runway visual range (RVR) and installation of associated infrastructure. The project also includes the rehabilitation of Taxiway M and drainage infrastructure improvements.
It is the policy of the City to ensure that DBE's, as defined in 49 CFR, Part 26, have an equal opportunity to receive and participate in FAA-assisted contracts. The City's overall goal for DBE participation, for F/Y 2018/2019, is (twenty four point three six) percent (24.36%) of Federal Financial Assistance that the City will expend on FAA-assisted contracts.
- Buy American Preference - source Title 49 USC § 50101 The Buy-American Preference requirement in 49 USC § 50101 requires that all steel and manufactured goods used on AIP projects be produced in the United States.
- Trade Restriction Certification - 49 USC § 50104; 49 CFR part 30 - The trade restriction certification and clause applies to all AIP funded projects
- The Bidder (Proposer) must supply all the information required by the bid or proposal form
Contracts over $2,000
- Davis Bacon Requirements -source 2 CFR § 200 Appendix II(D), 29 CFR Part 5 The Davis-Bacon Act ensures that laborers and mechanics employed under the contract receive pay no less than the locally prevailing wages and fringe benefits as determined by the Department of Labor.
Contracts over $10,000
- Affirmative Action Requirement – The contractor shall provide written notification to the Director, Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP), within 10 working days of award of any construction subcontract in excess of $10,000 at any tier for construction work under the contract resulting from this solicitation.
Contracts over $25,000
- Debarment and Suspension Source 2 CFR part 180; 2 CFR part 1200; DOT Order 4200.5 - The contractor entering into a contract with the City are not presently suspended, excluded or debarred by any Federal department or agency from participating in federally-assisted projects.
- Government Wide Requirement for Drug-free Workplace. Source Title 49, Part 32; The City of Dallas will require an agreement with the contractor, as a condition of the award, to comply with the requirements in Source Title 49, Part 32 Subpart B or subpart C, if an individual.