CITY OF DALLAS
DEPARTMENT OF AVIATION
ADVERTISEMENT FOR BIDS
DALLAS LOVE FIELD
TAXIWAY B PHASE II
8008 HERB KELLEHER WAY
DALLAS, TEXAS 75235
Sealed bids will be received at the Office of Purchasing Agent of the City of Dallas, 1500 Marilla St., Room 3FN, Dallas, TX 75201, until 1:00 p.m. on Friday, March 16, 2018. The Bids will be publicly open at 2:00 p.m. on Friday, March 16, 2018 in the Express Business Center, Rm L2ES at City Hall. Bid Openings can also be viewed on the City of Dallas Webcasting Website (www.dallascityhall.com, click on City Meetings).
A Pre-bid Conference will be held at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, February 22, 2018 at the Dallas Airport System Administration Building at 7555 Lemmon Avenue, Room 221, Dallas, Texas 75209. Bid Packets, Plans and Specifications may be obtained beginning February 7, 2018 from Thomas Reprographics. Contact: Jon Sauve, Phone: 214-880-0022 Email: www.thomasrepro.com/bid. Cost for Bid Packets, Plans and Specifications is $15.00 for the first set only. Bid documents will include a paper set and a CD Rom. Additional sets are available at direct cost of printing plus tax. Bid Set costs are non-refundable. All purchases must be made by Cashier's Check or Money Order made payable to Thomas Reprographics. For information regarding this project, Contact Mitchell McAnally at MRMcAnally@GarverUSA.com
FAA REQUIRED LANGUAGE IN PUBLISHED ADVERTISEMENT FOR BIDS
Description of Proposed Work:
The Taxiway Bravo (Phase II) project includes the reconstruction of Taxiway Bravo between the Runway 13L end and Taxiway E with a new 18-inch concrete pavement section (23,300SY); new Taxiway M between the Runway 13L end and Taxiway D with an 18-inch concrete pavement section (24,700SY); new Runway 13L glideslope antenna and RVR; relocated ASOS and SWS; drainage improvements that includes a new underground storm water detention system; new aircraft blast wall; and construction a of a new concrete vehicle service road with a new relocated entrance gate off Shorecrest Drive.
The Dallas Airport System maintains the right to reject any and all bids
It is the policy of the City to ensure that DBE's, as defined in 49 CFR, Part 26, have an equal opportunity to receive and participate in FAA-assisted contracts. The City's overall goal for DBE participation, for F/Y 2017/2019, is (twenty-four points three six) percent (24.36 %) of Federal Financial Assistance that the City will expend on FAA-assisted contracts. [DP1]
- Buy American Preference-source Title 49 USC 5010 The Buy-American Preference requirement in 49 USC 50101 requires that all steel and manufactured goods used on AIP projects be produced in the United States.
- Trade Restriction Certification-49 USC 50104: 49 CFR part 30 – The trade restriction certification and clause applies to all AIP funded projects.
- The Bidder (Proposer) must supply all the information required by the bid or proposal form.
Contracts over $2,000
- Davis Bacon Requirements – source 2 CFR 200 Appendix II(D), 29 CFR Part 5 The Davis-Bacon Act ensures that laborers and mechanics employed under the contract receive pay no less than the locally prevailing wages and fringe benefits as determined by the Department of Labor.
Contracts over $10,000
- Affirmative Action Requirement – For contract of $10,000 or more, a contractor having fifty or more employees, and his sub-contractors having fifty or more employees and who may be awarded a sub-contract of $50,000 or more, shall maintain an affirmative action program within one hundred twenty days (120) of the commencement of the contract.
Contracts over $25,000
- Debarment and Suspension Source 2 CFR part 180; 2 CFR part 1200; DOT Order 4200.5 – The contractor entering into a contract with the City are not presently suspended, excluded or debarred by any Federal department or agency from participating in federally-assisted projects.
- Government Wide Requirement for Drug-free Workplace. Source Title 49, Part 32; The City of Dallas will require an agreement with the contractor, as a condition of the award, to comply with the requirements in Source Title 49, Part 32 Subpart B or Subpart C.
[DP1]This language is to be included for any FEDERALLY FUNDED PROJECTS ONLY.