CIZ1823 - DEPARTMENT OF AVIATION- 36-MONTH TERM FOR DALLAS
AIRPORT SYSTEM 2019-2021 PAVEMENT REPAIRS
BID DUE DATE: June 28, 2019 @ 1:00 p.m.
A Pre-bid Conference will be held at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, June 6, 2019 at the SRE Conference Room at 3387 Hawes Avenue, Dallas, Texas 75235. Bid Packets, Plans and Specifications may be obtained beginning May 29, 2019 from Thomas Printworks. Contact: Jon Sauve, Phone: 214-880-0022 Email: email@example.com. Cost for Bid Packets, Plans and Specifications is $15.00 for the first set only. Bid documents will include a paper set and a CD Rom. Additional sets are available at direct cost of printing plus tax. Bid Set costs are non-refundable. All purchases must be made by Cashier's Check or Money Order made payable to Thomas Reprographics.
For information regarding this project contact Patricia Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Dallas Airport System maintains the right to reject any and all bids.
FAA REQUIRED LANGUAGE IN PUBLISHED ADVERTISEMENT FOR BIDS
Description of Proposed Work:
This project includes the pavement rehabilitation standard documents for a three-year maintenance program for the Dallas Airport System. The work will be separated by Airside or Landside. The pavement repairs for the Airside may consist of Work Orders for taxiway and runway pavement repairs, lighting and signage repairs, and other miscellaneous items necessary to complete these repairs. The Landside repairs may include street repairs or full segment resurfacing, and other miscellaneous items necessary to complete these repairs.
DBE GOAL: 24.36%
NOTICE OF REQUIREMENT FOR AFFIRMATIVE ACTION to ENSURE EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
- The Offeror's or Bidder's attention is called to the "Equal Opportunity Clause" and the "Standard Federal Equal Employment Opportunity Construction Contract Specifications" set forth herein.
- The goals and timetables for minority and female participation, expressed in percentage terms for the Contractor's aggregate workforce in each trade on all construction work in the covered area, are as follows:
Goals for minority participation for each trade: 17.46%
Goals for female participation in each trade: 6.9%
These goals are applicable to all of the Contractor's construction work (whether or not it is Federal or federally assisted) performed in the covered area. If the Contractor performs construction work in a geographical area located outside of the covered area, it shall apply the goals established for such geographical area where the work is actually performed. With regard to this second area, the Contractor also is subject to the goals for both its federally involved and non-federally involved construction.
The Contractor's compliance with the Executive Order and the regulations in 41 CFR Part 60-4 shall be based on its implementation of the Equal Opportunity Clause, specific affirmative action obligations required by the specifications set forth in 41 CFR 60-4.3(a) and its efforts to meet the goals. The hours of minority and female employment and training must be substantially uniform throughout the length of the contract, and in each trade, and the Contractor shall make a good faith effort to employ minorities and women evenly on each of its projects. The transfer of minority or female employees or trainees from Contractor to Contractor or from project to project for the sole purpose of meeting the Contractor's goals shall be a violation of the contract, the Executive Order and the regulations in 41 CFR Part 60-4. Compliance with the goals will be measured against the total work hours performed.
- The Contractor shall provide written notification to the Director of the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) within 10 working days of award of any construction subcontract in excess of $10,000 at any tier for construction work under the contract resulting from this solicitation. The notification shall list the name, address, and telephone number of the subcontractor; employer identification number of the subcontractor; estimated dollar amount of the subcontract; estimated starting and completion dates of the subcontract; and the geographical area in which the subcontract is to be performed.
- As used in this notice and in the contract resulting from this solicitation, the "covered area" is Texas. Dallas County, Dallas.
- The requirements of 49 CFR part 26 apply to this contract. It is the policy of the City of Dallas to practice nondiscrimination based on race, color, sex, or national origin in the award or performance of this contract. The Owner encourages participation by all firms qualifying under this solicitation regardless of business size or ownership.
Title VI Solicitation Notice:
The City of Dallas Department of Aviation, in accordance with the provisions of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (78 Stat. 252, 42 U.S.C. §§ 2000d to 2000d-4) and the Regulations, hereby notifies all bidders that it will affirmatively ensure that any contract entered into pursuant to this advertisement, disadvantaged business enterprises will be afforded full and fair opportunity to submit bids in response to this invitation and will not be discriminated against on the grounds of race, color, or national origin in consideration for an award.