CITY OF DALLAS
ADVERTISEMENT FOR REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATION
CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT / PROJECT MANAGEMENT SERVICES WITH DALLAS AIRPORT SYSTEM
City of Dallas
Department of Aviation
Statements of Qualifications for Construction Management/Project Management Services with Dallas Airport System will be received at the Office of the Purchasing Agent of the City of Dallas, City Hall, 1500 Marilla St., Room 3FN, Dallas, TX 75201 until 1:00 pm on Friday, May 17, 2019. There will be a pre-submittal conference and site visit held April 29, 2019 at 2:00 p.m. at Dallas Love Field Airport, Flight Deck Conference Center, at 8008 Herb Kelleher Way, Dallas, TX 75235. Contact Patricia Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Request for Qualifications (RFQ) packets for Construction Management/Project Management Services with Dallas Airport System may be obtained by downloading the procurement documents from the Dallas Airport System's Dallas Love Field Capital Development Procurement Opportunities Website:
FAA REQUIRED LANGUAGE IN PUBLISHED ADVERTISEMENT FOR PROFESSIONAL SERVICES
Description of Proposed Work:
The City of Dallas Department of Aviation is seeking consultant teams to provide:
Professional consulting services that are required to support construction services on multiple projects within the Dallas Airport System which includes Dallas Love Field Airport, Dallas Executive Airport, and the Dallas Convention Center Vertiport.
The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) requires construction progress and inspection for all Airport Improvement Program (AIP) projects. Dallas Love Field is a 14 CFR Part 139 airport and therefore meets the requirements to receive FAA AIP entitlement funding on an annual basis. FAA AC 150/5370-12B along with FAA Order 5100.38 (Airport Improvement Program Handbook) provide guidance on inspection services and airport assurances in order to receive AIP funding.
The scope of this Request for Qualifications is centered primarily on inspection services.
DBE GOAL: 24.36%
NOTICE OF REQUIREMENT FOR AFFIRMATIVE ACTION to ENSURE EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
1. The Offeror's or Bidder's attention is called to the "Equal Opportunity Clause" and the "Standard Federal Equal Employment Opportunity Construction Contract Specifications" set forth herein.
2. The goals and timetables for minority and female participation, expressed in percentage terms for the Contractor's aggregate workforce in each trade on all construction work in the covered area, are as follows:
Goals for minority participation for each trade: 17.46%
Goals for female participation in each trade: 6.9%
These goals are applicable to all of the Contractor's construction work (whether or not it is Federal or federally assisted) performed in the covered area. If the Contractor performs construction work in a geographical area located outside of the covered area, it shall apply the goals established for such geographical area where the work is actually performed. With regard to this second area, the Contractor also is subject to the goals for both its federally involved and non-federally involved construction.
The Contractor's compliance with the Executive Order and the regulations in 41 CFR Part 60-4 shall be based on its implementation of the Equal Opportunity Clause, specific affirmative action obligations required by the specifications set forth in 41 CFR 60-4.3(a) and its efforts to meet the goals. The hours of minority and female employment and training must be substantially uniform throughout the length of the contract, and in each trade, and the Contractor shall make a good faith effort to employ minorities and women evenly on each of its projects. The transfer of minority or female employees or trainees from Contractor to Contractor or from project to project for the sole purpose of meeting the Contractor's goals shall be a violation of the contract, the Executive Order and the regulations in 41 CFR Part 60-4. Compliance with the goals will be measured against the total work hours performed.
3. The Contractor shall provide written notification to the Director of the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) within 10 working days of award of any construction subcontract in excess of $10,000 at any tier for construction work under the contract resulting from this solicitation. The notification shall list the name, address, and telephone number of the subcontractor; employer identification number of the subcontractor; estimated dollar amount of the subcontract; estimated starting and completion dates of the subcontract; and the geographical area in which the subcontract is to be performed.
4. As used in this notice and in the contract resulting from this solicitation, the "covered area" is Texas, Dallas County, Dallas.
Title VI Solicitation Notice:
The City of Dallas Department of Aviation, in accordance with the provisions of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (78 Stat. 252, 42 USC §§ 2000d to 2000d-4) and the Regulations, hereby notifies all bidders or offerors that it will affirmatively ensure that any contract entered into pursuant to this advertisement, disadvantaged business enterprises will be afforded full and fair opportunity to submit bids in response to this invitation and will not be discriminated against on the grounds of race, color, or national origin in consideration for an award.
- Buy American Preference-source Title 49 USC 5010 The Buy-American Preference requirement in 49 USC 50101 requires that all steel and manufactured goods used on AIP projects be produced in the United States.
Contracts over $2,000
- Davis Bacon Requirements – source 2 CFR 200 Appendix II(D), 29 CFR Part 5 The Davis-Bacon Act ensures that laborers and mechanics employed under the contract receive pay no less than the locally prevailing wages and fringe benefits as determined by the Department of Labor.
Contracts over $10,000
- Affirmative Action Requirement – For contract of $10,000 or more, a contractor having fifty or more employees, and his sub-contractors having fifty or more employees and who may be awarded a sub-contract of $50,000 or more, shall maintain an affirmative action program within one hundred twenty days (120) of the commencement of the contract.
Contracts over $25,000
- Debarment and Suspension Source 2 CFR part 180; 2 CFR part 1200; DOT Order 4200.5 – The contractor entering into a contract with the City are not presently suspended, excluded or debarred by any Federal department or agency from participating in federally-assisted projects.
- Government Wide Requirement for Drug-free Workplace. Source Title 49, Part 32; The City of Dallas will require an agreement with the contractor, as a condition of the award, to comply with the requirements in Source Title 49, Part 32 Subpart B or Subpart C.
The Department of Aviation reserves the right to reject any and all submittals.