City of Dallas owns unneeded and unwanted tracts of land. These parcels
of land are sold in accordance with state law and the Dallas City Code
by the primary methods:
- By sealed bids where the property can be developed independently.
- To the abutting property owner where the property is so small or irregularly shaped that it cannot be developed independently.
The City Council determines by resolution:
- whether real property should be offered for sale;
- whether limitations should be placed on the future use of the property; and
- what price is acceptable for the property.
Common questions asked:
Is a deposit required to purchase property from the City?
The specified deposit amount stated in the advertisement and bidding
information will be required and must be payable to the City of Dallas
by cashier's check or money.
Do I have to attend the sale?
No. For results, contact the Real Estate Division office at 214-948-4100 or stop by our office at
320 E. Jefferson Blvd., Room 203 to pick up a copy of the results. The results are also posted on our web page.
How often are sales held?
Surplus property sales are held two to three times a year.
Do you maintain a mailing list?
Yes. Please contact the Real Estate Division office at 214-948-4100.
For additional information, or the approximate date of the next Surplus property sale, please contact us
Or stop by at:
320 E. Jefferson Blnd, Room 203, Dallas, Texas 75203