Historic Preservation



‚Äč

Eagle Ford School

Map

The Eagle Ford School was completed in 1924 in Gothic Revival style. It was built by residents of the old Eagle Ford community and constructed using the same cement and lime manufactured in the neighborhood at the time. It served elementary and middle school age Anglo and Mexican American children from the southern areas of Eagle Ford, Trinity Portland Cement Company residential villages, Arcadia Park, and surrounding rural areas. The school closed in 1965, and is the only remaining structure associated with the Eagle Ford community.

Ordinance (pending)

Designations: Dallas Landmark (2019)

Further Research:

Eagle Ford School Landmark Nomination Form (pending)