Fire Station No. 16
Built in 1918, Fire Station No. 16 represents an excellent and intact example of an early 20th century fire station. The need for a new fire station grew with the population and building boom experienced in the Munger Place and Junius Heights neighborhoods by 1917. The station's simple Mission Revival stylistic influences have remained a visible landmark in East Dallas in the face of numerous changes in the neighborhood.
Designations: Dallas Landmark (1988), National Register of Historic Places (1997)