Historic Preservation


John F. and Lucy Parks Estate

6220 Worth



The John and Lucy Parks home is a 1924 Mission style house in a neighborhod that primarily consists of mid-to-late twentieth century homes. At the time of construction, the house was situated on a knoll in the center of 22 acres near the Lakewood Country Club​​​. At that time, little had been built in the area and the house's verandahs offered commanding views of the countryside and the distant downtown. The Parks were a prominent and well-known family in Dallas who develped the adjacent Parks Estate neighborhood. The house was donated by the Parks family to the YMCA in 1957, who remainined in the structure until the 1990s when it was sold to private owners. 

Ordinance #26788

Designations: Dallas Landmark (2007)

Further Research:
John F. and Lucy Parks Estate Landmark Nomination Form