Pike Park2807 Harry Hines Blvd
Pike Park, originally called Summit Play Park, was constructed in 1915 in what is known as "Little Mexico," an area that was established by Mexican migrant workers who settled permanently in Dallas to work on the expanding railroad system. By 1920, most of the city's 7,000-10,000 Mexico-born residents were living within the cramped ten-block boundary of Little Mexico, which was described as having "irregular, narrow, twisted, unpaved streets flanked by ancient wooden houses and by wooden shacks grouped closely" (Landmark Nomination Report). A concerned volunteer group established Pike's Park to create a recreation area for the neighborhood's children. The buildings were designd in Mission Style.
Designations: Dallas Landmark (2000)