4602 Reiger Avenue
The Shiels House was built in 1906 and is an unusual hybrid of Queen Anne Victorian and Prairie School with some Craftsman details. It was built during east Dallas' most prolific period of residential construction (1903-1929). It is also important for its association with its original owner, Thomas Shiels, who owned a large East Dallas mill and contributed to the development of the city and shaping of East Dallas as we know it today.
Designations: Dallas Landmark (2007), National Register of Historic Places (1995)Further Research:Shiels House Landmark Nomination Form