Historic Preservation

American Beauty Mill

The American Beauty Mill, also known as the Stanard-Tilton Flour Mill, is a successor of a business started by Sarah Cockrell in 1863. This flour mill was constructed in 1913, following the devastating flood of 1908. This structure has been renovated into loft apartments.

Ordinance #22965

Designations: Dallas Landmark (1996), National Register of Historic Places (1997)

Further Research:
American Beauty Mill Landmark Nomination Form
Stanard-Tilton (aka American Beauty) Flour Mill National Register Nomination Form