Eastside - an area bounded by Main Street, Haskell Avenue, the Santa Fe ROW and DART's Green Line
On May 7, 2015, the City Plan Commission authorized a public hearing to determine proper zoning in the area.
On February 22, 2017 an initial community meeting was held, hosted by City Council Member Medrano and CPC Commissioner Mark Rieves to gather input from members of the community.
- Existing Zoning Map
- Agenda March 13, 2017
- Agenda March 29, 2017
- Agenda April 13, 2017
- Agenda April 28, 2017
- Agenda May 12, 2017
- Agenda May 25, 2017
- June 13, June 27 and August 31, 2017 - Additional discussion of uses
- October 6, 2017 - Yard, lot and space recommendations
- October 12, 2017 - discuss similarities/differences with Deep Ellum PD
- October 17, October 24 and November 16, 2017 - discuss proposed conditions (draft PD)
- The steering committee met two more times in April and May 2018.
- A third community meeting was held May 15, 2018.
- The City Plan Commission held a public hearing on June 21, 2018 and recommended approval following staff's briefed recommendations with the exception of a height limit of 160 feet.
- The City Council held a public hearing on August 8, 2018, and recommended approval following the recommendation of staff and CPC.