Surplus Auction - January 31, 2019
The City of Dallas owns unneeded properties that are available for purchase. These parcels of land are sold in accordance with state law and the Dallas City Code by the primary methods:
- By live public auction where the property can be developed independently.
- To the abutting property owner where the property is so small or irregularly shaped that it cannot be developed independently.
The City Council determines by resolution:
- whether real property should be offered for sale;
- whether limitations should be placed on the future use of the property; and
- what price is acceptable for the property.
Common questions asked:
Is a deposit required to purchase property from the City?
Yes. The specified deposit amount stated in the advertisement and bidding information will be required and must be payable to the City of Dallas by cashier's check or money.
Do I have to attend the sale?
Yes, for date and location please visit www.cityofdallasauction.com. For results, please click on the auction date.
How often are sales held?
Surplus property sales are held two to three times a year.
Do you maintain a mailing list?
Yes. Please contact the Real Estate Division office at 214-948-4100.
For additional information, or the approximate date of the next Surplus property sale, please contact us
Or stop by 320 E. Jefferson Blvd, Room 203, Dallas, Texas 75203.