- Master of Science (Civil Engineering), Clarkson University, Potsdam, NY
- Bachelor of Engineering (Civil), University of Jodhpur, Jodhpur, India
- Registered Professional Engineer – Texas, Nevada
- Professional Traffic Operations Engineer
- Member, Institute of Transportation Engineers
- Member, American Public Works Association
Mr. Majumdar has over twenty-seven years of experience in the field of Transportation Engineering, including Traffic Engineering; Traffic Operations & Maintenance; Design and Construction of Transportation Infrastructure; Transportation Planning and Transportation System Management.
As the City Traffic Engineer of Dallas, Mr. Majumdar has overall responsibility for the design, construction and maintenance of traffic signals, streetlights, school flashers, pavement markings, traffic control signs and other traffic related infrastructure in the City of Dallas. His responsibilities include operation and maintenance of City's Traffic Management Center, which controls and coordinates the operations of 1500+ traffic signals and dynamic message signs citywide; neighborhood traffic management; traffic inspections, barricade and road closure permits; and other traffic safety programs.
Through key staff, Mr. Majumdar is currently managing approx. $ 100,000,000 worth of Safety, Mobility and Intelligent Transportation Systems projects as the City of Dallas moves to State of Art Traffic Management System, Smart Streetlights and a robust, connected traffic signal system.