Connect Dallas is the City’s first five-year strategic transportation vision, and is led by the Dallas Department of Transportation. Through this planning process, City leadership, residents, planners, and stakeholders will work together to develop a transportation system that supports the City’s housing, economic, equity and sustainability goals. Connect Dallas is a multimodal plan that will consider all forms of transportation, including biking, walking, transit, automobiles, freight, and new mobility options, such as bike-share, transportation network companies and e-scooters.
Connect Dallas is one of a series of City efforts to advance equity, sustainability, innovation, and economic development Citywide through targeted policy, programs and project investments. Mobility lays the foundation for community health, wealth and vibrancy. Communities cannot prosper without convenient and affordable access to jobs, education, and healthcare.
By the end of this twelve-month process,
Connect Dallas will:
- Establish concrete goals to guide future City transportation investments and policy decisions;
- Recommend ways to modernize City policies to align with today's mobility options;
- Identify catalytic projects that provide the greatest opportunity for community benefit; and
- Lay out a five-year road map to implement the selected strategy.
The planning process will be guided by a Mobility Advisory Committee (MAC) and will result in several incremental deliverables, including:
- Foundations Report
- Catalytic Projects Evaluation
- Scenario Planning Evaluation Brochure
- Policy Modernization recommendations.
The final recommendations and implementation strategy will be summarized in a summary document.
Help Shape the Vision for Transportation in Dallas!
We want to hear from you! We are exploring options for the future of transportation in Dallas. Complete this survey and your feedback will help us address the City's transportation needs. Take the survey here.