Water Utilities

Billing & Account Information

​Transferring Service:

Moving to a different location within the city:

Call us in advance at (214) 651-1441 so we can continue to give you uninterrupted service. To transfer service from one address to another, we need to know your DWU account number, your new address and your new telephone number. There will be a small charge for transferring service and it will be included on your first bill at the new address.

Moving out of the city:

If you are moving out of the City of Dallas, please call us at (214) 651-1441 and tell us when you want to discontinue service at your old address. If you paid a security deposit, the deposit plus interest (if applicable) will be credited to your final bill. If there is a remaining balance, it will be mailed to you at your new address. If you anticipate a refund, be sure and have your forwarding address, zip code and DWU account number ready for the customer service representative.

Establishing New Service:

If you are constructing a new building or adding to an existing building and you need to connect to our water or wastewater line, here's how:

Call Development Services Department at (214) 948-4500 to find out if water or wastewater lines are already in place and what fees need to be paid. Make sure you have the legal description of your property (lot and block numbers, etc.) You may be able to find this information on your deed, or you can obtain it by calling the Dallas County Appraisal District.

Obtain appropriate permits from Development Services Department. The permitting process will include inspections by City of Dallas plumbing inspectors.

After obtaining your permit(s), contact DWU's Distribution Division at           (214) 670-8042 to schedule water service installation. Or, make arrangements for installation of wastewater connections by calling DWU's Wastewater Collection Division (WWC) at (214) 670-8331. (WWC will connect your wastewater line to the lateral line after City of Dallas plumbing inspectors approve your request and notify DWU.)