UPCOMING RULES SUBCOMMITTEE MEETING:
The Board's Rules Subcommittee will be meeting by videoconference on June 22, 2020 from 6:30p.m. - 7:30p.m. Click HERE to view the agenda and to watch/listen to the meeting. Click HERE to view the related materials.
The mission of the Community Police Oversight Board is to enhance the public’s trust that complaints of misconduct against departmental employees are conducted fair and thoroughly, are transparent, and ensure City of Dallas residents have an accessible means to the complaint process.
Duties and Functions:
- Ensure fair acceptance and processing of external administrative complaints
- Review facts and evidence of a critical or external administrative complaint against a police officer
- Direct the monitor (Office of Community Police Oversight) to initiate independent administrative investigation
- Engage in community outreach
- Accept from members of the public written complaints
- Take sworn testimony from witnesses
- Request the City Manager to review disciplinary action taken by the Chief of Police
- Recommend to the City Manager and Chief of Police improvements to Departmental procedures, practices, training, and early warning systems
Contact the Board
The Board holds public meetings the second Tuesday of each month at 5:30 p.m., in City Hall, 1500 Marilla, Room L1FN. Call the Office of Community Police Oversight (214) 671-8283 for further information or email OCPO@dallascityhall.com.
Community Police Oversight Board.pdf
Frequently Asked Questions
Office of Community Police Oversight Frequently Asked Questions.pdf
June 9, 2020