BRUSH/BULK - COLLECTION ALERT
Brush and bulk trash collections are delayed in many areas of Dallas due to higher than usual set out volumes. Sanitation asks for the public's patience as we work to keep up with the current increase in volumes. Residents should continue to follow the normal set out schedule for their areas at this time.
- Collections are delayed for May Week 2 areas and is scheduled to be completed by Thursday, May 28.
- Collections are also delayed for May Week 3 areas.
- Collections are also delayed for May Week 4 areas.
- To find your schedule, click here.
- Code Compliance will suspend the issuance of bulk trash violations during this time in the affected areas.
RAMA Y BASURA VOLUMINOSA -
ALERTA DE COLECCIÓN
Las recolecciones de Rama y Basura Voluminosa se retrasan en muchas áreas de Dallas debido a el alto volúme de lo habitual. Saneamiento pide la paciencia del público mientras trabajamos para mantenernos al día con el aumento actual de los volúmenes. En este momento, los residentes deben seguir el cronograma normal establecido para sus áreas.
- Las recolecciones se retrasaran para las áreas de la semana 2 de Mayo y están programadas para completarse el Hueves 28 de Mayo.
- Las recolecciones también se retrasan para las áreas de la semana 3 de Mayo.
- Las recolecciones también se retrasan para las áreas de la semana 4 de Mayo.
- Para encontrar su horario, haga clic aquí.
- El Departamento de Cumplimiento del Código suspenderá la emisión de citaciónes de Rama y Basura Voluminosa durante este tiempo en las áreas afectadas.
Updated 05/28/2020, 8:28 A.M.
You can also download the app below.
If you know your Bulk & Brush Week, you can also find the
2020 collection schedule below. If you would prefer to see a map, please click
1st Monday: 2020 Calendar with Set Out Days
2nd Monday: 2020 Calendar with Set Out Days
3rd Monday: 2020 Calendar with Set Out Days
4th Monday: 2020 Calendar with Set Out Days
What Goes to the Curb?
- Tree limbs and shrubbery (Individual pieces not exceeding 8 inches in diameter or 10 feet in length)
- Yard trimmings: bagged organic yard waste such as leaves, grass, and twigs, placed in paper lawn bags or compostable bags (yard trimmings placed in plastic bags is considered bulky trash)
- Bulky Trash
- Appliances (freeon removed, if applicable)
- Small household trash that is bagged, and other household objects too large for routine placement in normal collection vehicles via the provided rollcart
*If you have bulky items that are in good condition and still functional, please consider donating them to the
Goodwill Industries of Dallas,
Habitat for Humanity or any other
local donation center.
What does not go to the Curb?
- Regular household garbage
- Wet solid waste
- Construction Debris
- This includes, but is not limited to, brick, concrete, other masonry materials, stone, glass, drywall, framing and finishing lumber, roofing materials, plumbing fixtures, HVAC equipment, insulation, and wall-to-wall carpeting
- Automotive parts or any machinery that may contain gasoline
- Soil, rocks, stones
- Household hazardous waste (i.e. chemicals, paints, fuel)
Placement of Brush and Bulky Trash
- Brush and bulky trash may be set out as early as 7:00 a.m. on the Thursday prior to your collection week (please see instructions above to find your Week). Material must be placed at the curb by 7:00 a.m. the Monday of the pickup week.*
- Brush and bulky trash must be placed just behind the curb line in front of your home.
- Do not place in the street, on the sidewalk, or in any manner that will interfere with vehicular or pedestrian traffic or with solid waste collection service
- Do not place within 5 feet of a rollcart, mailbox, fence or wall, water meter, telephone connection box, parked cars, fire hydrant, utility pole, or traffic sign
- Do not place under low hanging tree limbs or power lines, in an alley, or in front of a vacant lot or business
*If you are in need of a brush or bulky item collection outside of your collection week, please use our
Cost Plus service.
For more information, see Dallas City Code, Chapter 18, Article I.
Brush & Bulk Collection Changes Effective July 1, 2020
On June 19, 2019 the Dallas City Council adopted an ordinance amending regulations related to brush and bulky trash. Monthly brush and bulky trash collection will be limited to 10 cubic yards. One month per calendar year, residents may set out up to 20 cubic yards, provided it is requested by calling 3-1-1 in advance.
Enforcement of these new limits begins on July 1, 2020.
Where the quantity of brush and bulky trash set out for collection exceeds 10 cubic yards and a request for an oversized brush and bulky trash collection was not submitted, the set out may be collected and a fee will be assessed on the dwelling unit's water bill. The fee will be assessed at a rate of $60 per five cubic yards, billed in five cubic yard increments. A citation may be issued in addition to the collection fee.
The Department of Sanitation Services will begin a public awareness campaign in early 2020 to alert residents of the changes to brush and bulky trash regulations.