The City of Dallas Municipal Court now offers Virtual Hearings to allow defendants to dispose of eligible cases (see eligibility requirements below) via a video conference through the use of Microsoft Teams either on your computer or wireless device.
All Virtual Hearings are live. To meet the open court requirement, members of the public can view the hearings at the Dallas Municipal Court Building. Please follow the same rules of decorum and dress code as if you are appearing in person before the court. (Click Here)
Virtual Hearing Requirements:
- A device you can access a fast and stable internet connection (PC, MAC, Smart Phone, Tablet, etc.);
- The Microsoft Teams app downloaded on your smartphone or tablet. *You do not need to create an account*
- A webcam or a built-in camera on your device that will allow the Judge to see you during the virtual hearing.
- The device must have a microphone connected that will allow you to talk to the Judge, and that will allow you to hear what the Judge is saying to you;
- You must have a valid email address, and you will need to have the ability to scan or email paperwork and/or documents.
Acceptable form of identification (Defined Here) (Social security cards and selfies (pictures) are NOT valid forms of identification)
New Requests for a Virtual Hearing
By requesting online, you authorize the City of Dallas Department of Court & Detention Services to contact you at the email and phone number provided (mobile or otherwise). Please understand we may use automated technology (phone, messaging, prerecorded, etc.) to contact you on that number for general purposes.
*** When you request a Virtual Hearing online, please note this is a REQUEST ONLY. The Court will provide a response by email or phone within 5-7 business days and will utilize the email address or phone number listed on the Virtual Hearing Request Form. ***
Scheduled Virtual Hearing
*** You must have a Virtual Hearing set up already with the Court to access your hearing. If you have not requested a Virtual Hearing, you will need to do that. Once the Court approves the request, you will be able to access it.
*** If you are on a computer, you do not have to download or install anything. You can continue as a guest.
*** If you are on a phone, you must download the app prior to the hearing.
Click on the links below to access the Virtual Courtrooms 5 MINUTES before the scheduled court hearing. Use your First and Last name to enter the hearing.
YOU WILL ENTER A VIRTUAL LOBBY AND WILL BE ADMITTED INTO THE COURTROOM ONCE THE COURT IS READY TO HEAR YOUR CASE. WAITING TIMES WILL VARY. IF YOU ARE DISCONNECTED FROM THE VIRTUAL LOBBY, PLEASE USE THE RE-JOIN BUTTON TO LOG BACK IN.
Attorney Open Court (Attorney's Only)