Residential Energy Code
For Residential new construction and addition permit applications filed prior to September 1, 2016:
You must still provide the Dallas Building Energy Code Compliance Form at the end of the project. However, instead of providing the form to the electrical inspector, the Third-Party Energy Code Provider has two methods to submit the form:
- Email the “old” Dallas Building Energy Code Compliance Form by emailing it to
- Upload the form to
Development Develop Dallas On-Line. (Note: contractor’s providers must first be registered with
Development Dallas On-Line).
For Residential new construction and addition permit applications filed on or after September 1, 2016:
- Provide the new
Dallas Residential Energy Compliance Path Form, signed by a registered third-party energy provider, with the application of a building permit for new one- and two-family construction and additions to existing one- and two-family structures.
- A compliance path form is not required to be submitted with the application for remodel permits. However, a compliance certificate is required at the end of the project.
- City of Dallas staff will sign off on the “Energy/Green Inspection” process (both “Green” and “Energy” forms must be approved and on file) before the building final inspection may be approved.
- Instead of providing the energy compliance certificates to the electrical inspector, the Third-Party Energy Code Provider has two options to submit the form:
- Email the Dallas Residential Energy Compliance Certificate form to
firstname.lastname@example.org. The form must be signed by a registered third-party energy provider; or,
Upload the form to Development Dallas On-Line. (Note: Third-Energy Code Providers must first be registered with Development Dallas On-Line).
List of Registered Energy Code Third Party Providers
NCTCOG Regional Codes Approved ACH Tradeoff Guidance
Residential Buildings Compliance Certificate (form) - September 1, 2016
Residential Buildings Compliance Path (form) - September 1, 2016
Energy Code Remodels / Renovations (form) – Residential
Residential Energy Code Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)