DWU Project Updates (April 2019)
- Dallas Water Utilities has a pipeline replacement project on State Highway 289 (Preston Road) from Walnut Hill to Royal Lane (PID 4953). The contractor is currently working to make connections to the new wastewater line at the intersecting streets. Contractor has completed approximately 4,700 feet of wastewater main, and once the connections in Preston are complete, they will advance to the intersection of Preston Road and Royal Lane. Work in the intersection of Preston and Royal is planned to begin following the Memorial Day weekend and will occur at night due to heavy traffic. Following completion of work at the intersection of Royal and Preston, the contractor will begin work on water and wastewater main installation in Royal Lane from Jamestown Road to east of Preston Road. Starting around mid-June 2019 after schools release for summer break, the contractor will also begin the water main installation in the parkway along Preston Road from Walnut Hill Lane going north. The overall estimated completion schedule for both Preston Road and Royal Lane is the end of 2019, weather permitting.
- Dallas Water Utilities has a pipeline replacement project on Chadbourne Road from Stanford Avenue to Caruth Boulevard (PID 5632). Contractor has completed all water and wastewater main installations and is currently working to finish paving restoration. Project is expected to be complete in May 2019, weather permitting.
- Dallas Water Utilities has a storm drainage improvement project along Briarwood Lane from Elsby Street to Shadywood Lane. Contractor has installed all storm drainage pipe along the Briarwood and constructed the grate inlets. Contractor is currently working to finish valley gutter extension, flumes, surface grading and over pipe swale. The project started is expected to be complete by early May 2019, weather permitting.
- Dallas Water Utilities has two erosion control projects located at 6121, 6123, 6125, and 6127 Summer Creek Circle and 6139/6141 Summer Creek Circle. The contractor is currently working to install creek access prior to the construction of gabion walls to protect multiple homes from creek bank erosion. This project is expected to be complete by the end of 2019, weather permitting.
- Dallas Water Utilities has a project to replace the existing Walcrest Pump Station and reservoir at Walnut Hill Lane and Hillcrest. Heavy construction activities will be complete in Winter 2019/2020 followed by landscaping improvements. Improvements include a new pump station and two 10-million-gallon storage reservoirs. Staff has worked with the Walcrest neighborhood Ad-Hoc committee on the landscaping design portion of the project, which will be awarded to a landscaping contractor near the completion of the pump station and reservoir construction.
Public Works Projects: